Anime Side Stories

Discuss ongoing matters concerning the application of site policies, or the policies themselves, here.
Forum rules
This sub-forum is for the discussion of site policy and the handling thereof ONLY.
Please direct all change requests to the main forum.
ByteShare
Site Moderator

Anime Side Stories

Postby ByteShare » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:28 pm

I'm looking at https://www.thetvdb.com/series/is-it-wr ... -a-dungeon & https://www.thetvdb.com/series/is-it-wr ... d-oratoria
More info here: https://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... &aid=10894

This also relates to: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=54300&p=145297#p145297

If a series has a side story (most common with anime) should that be a separate season, separate series, or put into the specials?
Side stories that are clearly not OVAs.

Personally I think the specials would make the most sense but I would like to know the site policy on this.

ByteShare
Site Moderator

Re: Anime Side Stories

Postby ByteShare » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:30 pm

Never-mind, I might have found my answer from 2015 viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25972&p=88297&hilit=side+stories#p88297:
hikaricore wrote:Side stories and spin-offs should be separate entries, unless the are OVA content.

I take entries in this context to be separate series.

sp1ti

Postby sp1ti » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:03 am

this is correct ;)

Mistywing

Postby Mistywing » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:00 pm

That's what I agree with too but it's the fact that for this particular case a decision was made using ANN which still shows the same information today that made me ask for a contemporary Japanese source.
Or hikaricore explicitly decides to reverse his decision / an admin overrides it.

Because reordering this old data is definitely going to cause some pains somewhere for someone... I'd like the reason to do it to have solid and incontestable foundations.

ByteShare
Site Moderator

Postby ByteShare » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:09 am

Mistywing wrote:That's what I agree with too but it's the fact that for this particular case a decision was made using ANN which still shows the same information today that made me ask for a contemporary Japanese source.
Or hikaricore explicitly decides to reverse his decision / an admin overrides it.

Because reordering this old data is definitely going to cause some pains somewhere for someone... I'd like the reason to do it to have solid and incontestable foundations.

Did you mean to respond here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=54300&p=145297#p145297
Otherwise I don't follow what you're talking about, sorry...maybe you mean in the example I linked? viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25972&p=88297&hilit=side+stories#p88297

Mistywing

Postby Mistywing » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:25 am

I mean, you're spreading out the same topic in two places so I'm responding to what's most recently posted :|

The policy in general is something I agree with and strive to implement whenever possible. You brought up Oratoria and it's definitely an example case that works perfectly well.

Regarding Fumoffu specifically there are issues with how the decision was made and is still supported by the selected source of information (ANN) that IMHO require a different and better source before applying the policy being brought up, as the changes requested will have large consequences to users. The data is old, and an entire season will vanish.

Thinking about it with anime vocab, I'm overriding my senpai's decision when he's still technically based on an accepted source of information, and with no source of information to show on my end as well. It's a bit awkward for me to do alone because of these factors.

ByteShare
Site Moderator

Postby ByteShare » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:36 am

Mistywing wrote:I mean, you're spreading out the same topic in two places so I'm responding to what's most recently posted :|

The policy in general is something I agree with and strive to implement whenever possible. You brought up Oratoria and it's definitely an example case that works perfectly well.

Regarding Fumoffu specifically there are issues with how the decision was made and is still supported by the selected source of information (ANN) that IMHO require a different and better source before applying the policy being brought up, as the changes requested will have large consequences to users. The data is old, and an entire season will vanish.

Thinking about it with anime vocab, I'm overriding my senpai's decision when he's still technically based on an accepted source of information, and with no source of information to show on my end as well. It's a bit awkward for me to do alone because of these factors.

I wasn't trying to spread it out rather get clarification on the general topic but that it also related to something recent.
I'll respond to you in that thread since it is specific to only that series and not in general.