Why these TV Shows are locked?

Discuss ongoing matters concerning the application of site policies, or the policies themselves, here.
Forum rules
This sub-forum is for the discussion of site policy and the handling thereof ONLY.
Please direct all change requests to the main forum.
Hugo S.

Why these TV Shows are locked?

Postby Hugo S. » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:24 am

Hey,

First, I'm not entirely sure if this is the right sub-forum to ask this question but, here it goes:

I would like to know why the following TV Shows (telenovelas) - https://www.thetvdb.com/series/342235 and https://www.thetvdb.com/series/valor-da-vida - are locked and it's impossible to add new episodes when both the shows aren't finished yet.

I looked another examples of the same type of shows (to see if the problem is to be a telenovela and not a "real" series) and this brazilian one (https://www.thetvdb.com/series/340728) is also locked but, at least, has all the episodes added. However, this other brazilian telenovelas (also not finished yet) are unlocked (https://www.thetvdb.com/series/o-tempo-nao-para and https://www.thetvdb.com/series/346707).

rev.pragon

Re: Why these TV Shows are locked?

Postby rev.pragon » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:09 pm

Because some Users are changng the Order of the Episodes or merge 2 Seasons into 1 or 1 into 2. The Thing is that thetvdb list Shows from the Original/First Aired Network or the Producer of the Series itself. Then there´s a Streaming Service like Netflix or Amazon or whatever ant they take the 2 Seasons and merge them into 1. So some User think that this is the right Order and gonna change it like the Way their Streaming Provider list the Series. That´s one Reason. Another one Is Vandalism (some people have nothing important to do in her life) or change Names of the Actors (shortly seen on "The Walking Dead" for example). There are some reasons. If you want to change something you gonna make a Request and what you want to change and why. Then a Mod will make the Changes or unlock the Series or Episode. Depends on what you want to make. But 90% a Show is locked because of Users who´s gonna change it the Way they want and not the Way it has to be...
No Support via PN. Read the Rules.

We DON´T delete Pictures on Episodes on the current Site. Provide Images and a Mod/Admin will replace it.

Hugo S.

Postby Hugo S. » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:09 pm

rev.pragon wrote:Because some Users are changng the Order of the Episodes or merge 2 Seasons into 1 or 1 into 2. The Thing is that thetvdb list Shows from the Original/First Aired Network or the Producer of the Series itself. Then there´s a Streaming Service like Netflix or Amazon or whatever ant they take the 2 Seasons and merge them into 1. So some User think that this is the right Order and gonna change it like the Way their Streaming Provider list the Series. That´s one Reason. Another one Is Vandalism (some people have nothing important to do in her life) or change Names of the Actors (shortly seen on "The Walking Dead" for example). There are some reasons. If you want to change something you gonna make a Request and what you want to change and why. Then a Mod will make the Changes or unlock the Series or Episode. Depends on what you want to make. But 90% a Show is locked because of Users who´s gonna change it the Way they want and not the Way it has to be...

First of all, thanks for the reply. :)

Well, I think none of those reasons fit here because those are daily shows and I watch them (and track them with Trakt), almost always, daily and never saw episodes order changing and there is only one season (if it can be called like that) in each telenovela (with very few exceptions in Portugal where some has 2 or 3 - none of the ones I talked about).

But, a thing you said made me think: me (and I think someone else in just one of those shows) had put the name of the show in Portuguese in the English field. I did it because, in my (probably wrong) perspective, and in contrast with the episode names, I think the name of one show should be it's original name if there isn't and official (in this case) English name for it. Most probably, I'm wrong about it but, when the name appeared in English, I changed it back a few times to Portuguese. Until I saw it was always back to English again and I decided to stop doing it. Today, I had gone to the first 2 links to add the new episodes and saw that the series and seasons are locked. (But, yey, if it's wrong to have a Portuguese name in the English field, should be also wrong to have those exactly fields and the episodes names field in Portuguese like happens in the last 2 links I posted in the first post - shows I don't watch so I don't "work" in those pages).

So, I'm sorry if the locked series was done because of me changing the name back to Portuguese (but, like I said before, I decided to stop doing it since everytime it goes back to English and, apparently, that decision coincided with the block of the pages).

About the requests to make the changes I want to do... I think it's better not do it because, Portuguese TV in telenovelas are "always" changing: special double episodes, special TV schedules announced just 1 or 2 days before that makes an episode not to be broadcast, and all those kind of weird stuff. Plus, the enormous amount of episodes (around 200 or even 300)... It would result in requests to the Mods every week or every 2 weeks... Too much work (and too annoying) for them. So, if those shows could be unlocked and I don't change the series English names again and just add the new episodes, I would appreciate that. If not, they will be incomplete (and, in that case, probably it's better to delete the entire shows).

One last thing, probably because of the locked series, someone else has created a second page to "Valor da Vida/Value of Life":
- The original one (locked): https://www.thetvdb.com/series/valor-da-vida
- The second one: https://www.thetvdb.com/series/valor-da-vida2

rev.pragon

Postby rev.pragon » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:31 am

The second one is a Duplicate and should be deleted. You shoulh make an Request. Maybe a Mod sees it and will delete it. I don´t know. Why there are portugese Names in the English Field and otherwise i also can´t tell you. Thats just some Reasons i told you. Maretoh is the Mod who has locked the Series so only he can tell you why.
No Support via PN. Read the Rules.

We DON´T delete Pictures on Episodes on the current Site. Provide Images and a Mod/Admin will replace it.

Hugo S.

Postby Hugo S. » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:59 pm

I just saw that 2 of the shows I talked about were unlocked ("Valor da Vida/Value of Life" and "Segundo Sol/Second Sun") and the duplicate to the first one was deleted. Thank you very much for that to who did it. :) And, once again, and if it was the reason to lock them in the first place, I'm sorry for what I described in my previous post. It won't happen again (and I'll start to always put the series name in English in the English field).

Lastly, I don't want to be annoying but... Could you please unlock "Vidas Opostas/Opposite Lives" (https://www.thetvdb.com/series/342235) too, please?

henriquem

Postby henriquem » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:09 pm

Hugo S. wrote:
rev.pragon wrote:Because some Users are changng the Order of the Episodes or merge 2 Seasons into 1 or 1 into 2. The Thing is that thetvdb list Shows from the Original/First Aired Network or the Producer of the Series itself. Then there´s a Streaming Service like Netflix or Amazon or whatever ant they take the 2 Seasons and merge them into 1. So some User think that this is the right Order and gonna change it like the Way their Streaming Provider list the Series. That´s one Reason. Another one Is Vandalism (some people have nothing important to do in her life) or change Names of the Actors (shortly seen on "The Walking Dead" for example). There are some reasons. If you want to change something you gonna make a Request and what you want to change and why. Then a Mod will make the Changes or unlock the Series or Episode. Depends on what you want to make. But 90% a Show is locked because of Users who´s gonna change it the Way they want and not the Way it has to be...

First of all, thanks for the reply. :)

Well, I think none of those reasons fit here because those are daily shows and I watch them (and track them with Trakt), almost always, daily and never saw episodes order changing and there is only one season (if it can be called like that) in each telenovela (with very few exceptions in Portugal where some has 2 or 3 - none of the ones I talked about).

But, a thing you said made me think: me (and I think someone else in just one of those shows) had put the name of the show in Portuguese in the English field. I did it because, in my (probably wrong) perspective, and in contrast with the episode names, I think the name of one show should be it's original name if there isn't and official (in this case) English name for it. Most probably, I'm wrong about it but, when the name appeared in English, I changed it back a few times to Portuguese. Until I saw it was always back to English again and I decided to stop doing it. Today, I had gone to the first 2 links to add the new episodes and saw that the series and seasons are locked. (But, yey, if it's wrong to have a Portuguese name in the English field, should be also wrong to have those exactly fields and the episodes names field in Portuguese like happens in the last 2 links I posted in the first post - shows I don't watch so I don't "work" in those pages).

So, I'm sorry if the locked series was done because of me changing the name back to Portuguese (but, like I said before, I decided to stop doing it since everytime it goes back to English and, apparently, that decision coincided with the block of the pages).

About the requests to make the changes I want to do... I think it's better not do it because, Portuguese TV in telenovelas are "always" changing: special double episodes, special TV schedules announced just 1 or 2 days before that makes an episode not to be broadcast, and all those kind of weird stuff. Plus, the enormous amount of episodes (around 200 or even 300)... It would result in requests to the Mods every week or every 2 weeks... Too much work (and too annoying) for them. So, if those shows could be unlocked and I don't change the series English names again and just add the new episodes, I would appreciate that. If not, they will be incomplete (and, in that case, probably it's better to delete the entire shows).

One last thing, probably because of the locked series, someone else has created a second page to "Valor da Vida/Value of Life":
- The original one (locked): https://www.thetvdb.com/series/valor-da-vida
- The second one: https://www.thetvdb.com/series/valor-da-vida2

I always change the name of the telenovela to Portuguese too, because it doesn't make sense to create a name in English when there is no official translation.
I use TVTime to control the episodes I've seen and it makes no sense for the telenovela's name to appear in English (in some tabs of the app) when it's not the telenovela's real name.
I agree that the names of the episodes and the description of the telenovela should be in English in the English fields, but the name should be in Portuguese and not translated freely into English.