What is the policy regarding a show and its multiple spin-offs?

Discuss ongoing matters concerning the application of site policies, or the policies themselves, here.
Forum rules
This sub-forum is for the discussion of site policy and the handling thereof ONLY.
Please direct all change requests to the main forum.
Hugo S.

What is the policy regarding a show and its multiple spin-offs?

Postby Hugo S. » Sun May 27, 2018 4:25 pm

Hello,

I already made a series change request about something related to what I’ll go ask about, that is still unanswered, here: https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=48221.

However, today I was analysing the show’s page and a question occurred to me about the TVDB policy in this kind of situations (because what I described on the request, already happened before I started contributing to TVDB).

There is a Portuguese reality show, “Secret Story - Casa dos Segredos” that has 3 spin-offs with, of course, 3 different names. The game in each one is quite similar but there are some changes in each. My question is: in this situation, what should be done?
    1. Have just one TV Show page on TVDB and change its name according to the spin-off that is broadcast since they never “overlap” one another (“Desafio Final”, “Luta Pelo Poder” or “O Reencontro”) -> this is what some user(s) is(are) doing through the years and, therefore, there are 6 seasons in that show page. Or,
    2. Have one page to “Desafio Final” (4 seasons), another one to “Luta Pelo Poder” (1 season) and another one to “O Reencontro” (1 season, which is starting next Tuesday).

Hugo S.

Re: What is the policy regarding a show and its multiple spin-offs?

Postby Hugo S. » Tue May 29, 2018 4:05 pm

Nice... 3 posts in a row, 2 requests (one of them, months ago) and a doubt, ignored. I'm done with asking for assistance here. Apparently, you like to (possibly) have your database messed up.

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Re: What is the policy regarding a show and its multiple spin-offs?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Tue May 29, 2018 6:48 pm

It'd be nice to have separate devs and admins, but the reality is that they're both here (red text) and I'm not big on presuming to answer for them when they've not commented on the matter.

I just wish somebody would comment, so mods are not left to decide policies that don't exist.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.