HGTV Airdate vs. Episode Number

Discuss ongoing matters concerning the application of site policies, or the policies themselves, here.
Forum rules
This sub-forum is for the discussion of site policy and the handling thereof ONLY.
Please direct all change requests to the main forum.
FairMagda

HGTV Airdate vs. Episode Number

Postby FairMagda » Sat May 26, 2018 4:31 pm

Here's the question... What is TVDB's policy on airdates vs. episode numbers. A good example of this is HGTV. The episode numbers/order listed on their website is not related to the actual airdates. Also complicating things is that HGTV removes the original airdate once the episode airs.

Plex uses the episode number to pull information for each episode. So if the episodes are entered based on the order listed on HGTV Plex will pull the incorrect episode name and description. Often I have spent time entering all the episodes and descriptions for a given show only to have someone change the order. So is there are policy on numbering episodes? What is preferred? My primary reason for bringing this up is that the primary agent for TV shows used by Plex is TVDB and episode order is important.

Thanks!
FM

FairMagda

Re: HGTV Airdate vs. Episode Number

Postby FairMagda » Sat May 26, 2018 4:33 pm

Also if you need to move this to another location please do. I wasn't sure where to put it.

polargeek
The Cat's Ass

Postby polargeek » Sat May 26, 2018 4:52 pm

Air date wins every time
All PM's asking for exceptions, rule changes, series unlocks et al will be ignored.

FairMagda

Postby FairMagda » Sat May 26, 2018 7:18 pm

Thanks for clarifying.