A honest piece of feedback

Discuss ongoing matters concerning the application of site policies, or the policies themselves, here.
Forum rules
This sub-forum is for the discussion of site policy and the handling thereof ONLY.
Please direct all change requests to the main forum.
Rourke

A honest piece of feedback

Postby Rourke » Fri May 04, 2018 5:35 pm

This post is meant for moderators and admins of this site.

Let me just start by saying I wish the best for TheTVDB and all the people working on it. I know it requires insane amounts of time and dedication to maintain a site like this. But in my opinion it's good to hold a mirror once in a while and take a good hard look at yourself.

That is why I feel the need to say something about the strict policies of this website and the way you guys uphold these rules. It's honestly redicilous. I have had many frustrating moments because of this. It requires me to do all sorts of strange manual alterations because the data on TheTVDB is just not correct. Some recent personal examples come to mind: Dragon Ball Z, DuckTales (broadcast order vs intended order by creators), and La Casa del Papel (broadcast order vs Netflix cut).

You can keep saying the rules are the rules. But by doing that you're seriously hurting the end user experience. Then what's the point of being so strict? Aren't you doing this for the community?

Honestly, I'm sure that if you guys continue on this path you'll cause your own demise. There is a limit people can take. For example, take a good look in this topic, people are not happy:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PleX/comments/ ... h=b7fab37d

But in all fairness, I'm expressing this feedback because I want TheTVDB to succeed. All of the above doesn't matter if you're willing to listen to the community's needs. If you need any help with ideas on how to approach this, ask! But change is necessary.