Shouldn't Dragon Ball Kai (English Dubbed - Funimation Produced version) be it's own show?

Discuss ongoing matters concerning the application of site policies, or the policies themselves, here.
Forum rules
This sub-forum is for the discussion of site policy and the handling thereof ONLY.
Please direct all change requests to the main forum.
Mistywing

Re: Shouldn't Dragon Ball Kai (English Dubbed - Funimation Produced version) be it's own show?

Postby Mistywing » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:09 pm

Recut
The Funimation release is edited compared to the original release. We will not list it separately.

I've already said what you're supposed to do as simple users: employ the features supported by your applications to integrate the 8 special episodes of the currently in place listing into the Season 2 to recreate the Funimation version locally.
These are the AiredBefore/AiredAfter fields or local XML/NFO files.
For example, this episode will then be placed before Season 2 Episode 6.

The comment you quoted was for people who were not able to find Dragon Ball Kai using the search function in their application of choice. Some applications support searching by the TVDB ID number to circumvent this issue and precisely find the series data.

blessleness

Re: Shouldn't Dragon Ball Kai (English Dubbed - Funimation Produced version) be it's own show?

Postby blessleness » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:48 pm

Dear MistyWing,

These are the AiredBefore/AiredAfter fields or local XML/NFO files

Thank you for your answer, but since I'm a neophyte, could you please help me further or send me a link to a tutorial that might help me doing what you are saying?

I'm using KODI, and I scrap everything automatically, I never did any local NFO before...

Thanks

Mistywing

Postby Mistywing » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:27 pm

https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_fil ... l_Episodes
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7940

Should be noted that I saw that KODI could have an option to display the special episodes in season already, because I read about some users complaining of this type of integration. NFOs might not be necessary if you can find and enable this option.

There are also programs that will generate the NFO/XML files from scraped metadata, so you'd only have to edit the relevant portions instead of creating from scratch.