Ability to Edit Disabled?

Discuss ongoing matters concerning the application of site policies, or the policies themselves, here.
Forum rules
This sub-forum is for the discussion of site policy and the handling thereof ONLY.
Please direct all change requests to the main forum.
CasHarris00

Ability to Edit Disabled?

Postby CasHarris00 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:59 pm

I was updating the outdated actor images for How to Get Away with Murder: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=actors&id=281620, and I had been told that I should just add a new actor and have the new photo there and eventually the outdated one would be removed. So since the photos were from Season 1 I started updating it with newer photos that were very high quality, and all of the sudden it said my ability to edit had been disabled. If I did anything wrong I am truly sorry, I was just doing what I was told. But if I did do it wrong, then please tell me the correct way to update the actor images.

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Re: Ability to Edit Disabled?

Postby Imzadi » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:04 pm

You account was disabled, because you blanked old images and uploaded new pictures for the same actors. There is no way for us of detecting, that you uploaded new pictures and practically orphaned the old ones, until someone happens to see it. So simply expecting that someone will take care of it is really not the way to do things.

CasHarris00

Postby CasHarris00 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:09 pm

I must have missed that in the rules. I am so sorry, I had been told that I was supposed to do that.

TVShowDreamer

Outdated Low Quality Images

Postby TVShowDreamer » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:39 pm

I'm new here, I watch a lot of TV shows and while looking through the TV time app I found this site. I quickly learned how to add missing actors and such, but when I went to the How to Get Away with Murder Actor page: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=actors&id=281620. I saw that the images were very old and kind of low quality. I was wondering if that was changable since I didn't see a 'Change Image' button? I have a bunch of high quality photos of the cast that are a bit more up to date, but I have no idea how to replace them. Thank you in advance :)

DarklightIndigo
Leo of the East Bay

Re: Outdated Low Quality Images

Postby DarklightIndigo » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:49 pm

Actually, this is probably the only time that duplicates are preferred, as it allows us to see both images side-by-side.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

TVShowDreamer

Re: Outdated Low Quality Images

Postby TVShowDreamer » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:16 pm

Thank you for the help! I did what you said. Now I'll just have to wait and hold my thumbs :)

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Postby Imzadi » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:24 pm

You know, it's really not nice using different user ids.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39296&p=118455#p118455

The current pictures are neither low quality, nor very old.

DarklightIndigo
Leo of the East Bay

Postby DarklightIndigo » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:44 pm

I personally don't care if the actor entries are duplicated, as it lets us compare and pick the better image. What I take serious issue with is blatantly ignoring that and just removing whatever isn't yours. Please, stop doing that.

TVShowDreamer

Postby TVShowDreamer » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:50 am

Uhm.. what? I'm not using a different user ID I just joined yesterday. That's a very weird accusation.

DarklightIndigo
Leo of the East Bay

Postby DarklightIndigo » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:20 pm

As an aside, then what are you, flatmates? You're aware that we can see your IP, right?
I'll admit that it being a CDN would normally allay any suspicions, but...

You made the same edits.
To the same series.
Within the same timeframe.
From an IP shared with another user who also "just joined yesterday."
That is one hell of a coincidence. :lol:

Return to “Policy Inquiries”