oasis deleted?

Discuss ongoing matters concerning the application of site policies, or the policies themselves, here.
Forum rules
This sub-forum is for the discussion of site policy and the handling thereof ONLY.
Please direct all change requests to the main forum.
giantdouche

oasis deleted?

Postby giantdouche » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:13 am

why does oasis... and any amazon pilot really... keep getting deleted?

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Re: oasis deleted?

Postby Imzadi » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:00 am

Because a pilot doesn't make a series. None of the new pilot was yet ordered as a series.

strapdoc

Postby strapdoc » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:45 pm

So where do amazon's 'TV' pilots belong? Would you classify it as a made for tv movie? therefore slap it on TheMovieDB?

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Postby Imzadi » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:00 pm

There are many pilots, that weren't ordered as a series. This is just one of them until it receives an order. Until that happens it doesn't belong here.

crimsdings

Postby crimsdings » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:25 am

since i also wanted to add the series (and registered an account for it) and i misunterstood the rules because i only read the rules for web series found here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4026 i did not realise that viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4076
has a section "What Qualifies as a Series:" which says:

A series is exactly what it sounds like, a sequence of shows. If a show on TV isn't a series, it doesn't belong here, with the exception of documentaries (see "Documentaries" in this post). This means that made-for-TV movies, single episode specials, and the like should not be listed on theTVdb. These should be included in your movies directories as most movie database websites (IMDB, TMDb, etc.) take care of them. If in doubt, post in the forums before adding a series. Web Series' fall under a different set of rules which can be found HERE

so if anyone else comes to the forum for oasis - its currently covered by themoviedb https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/70793-oasis

DarklightIndigo
Leo of the East Bay

Postby DarklightIndigo » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:25 pm

For what it's worth, I'd kill to have (service) Pilots meta-series, but policy absolutely doesn't back me up on this.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

crimsdings

Postby crimsdings » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:10 am

well beeing new this might sound naive - but how do we propose a change of policy ?

piroman

Postby piroman » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:11 am

crimsdings wrote:well beeing new this might sound naive - but how do we propose a change of policy ?

Me too?

tubedogg

Postby tubedogg » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:20 pm

crimsdings wrote:well beeing new this might sound naive - but how do we propose a change of policy ?

So you want to change the policy that a TV series has to be, you know, a series to be eligible to be listed here?

Google wrote:se·ries
ˈsirēz/
noun
a number of things, events, or people of a similar kind or related nature coming one after another.
"the explosion was the latest in a series of accidents"
synonyms: succession, sequence, string, chain, run, round; More
a set of related television or radio programs, especially of a specified kind.
"a new drama series"
synonyms: serial, program, show, drama; More

One episode is not a series. Do you know how many pilots get made each year that never get picked up as a series? There's a reason that "get picked up" is a phrase. It means the single episode that was made is going to become a series.

xessive

Postby xessive » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:35 pm

I can respect policy but it's "The TV DB" not "The TV Series DB"

I always imagined the DB would grow on to encompass all of TV, not exclusively TV series. Documentaries are not necessarily serial, they can be a single episode and will still get listed on TheTVDB.

On that basis, shows that don't get picked up should be listed, even if they only have a single pilot episode. At the very least it's a record of their existence.

Return to “Policy Inquiries”