[LEGO]

Discuss ongoing matters concerning the application of site policies, or the policies themselves, here.
Forum rules
This sub-forum is for the discussion of site policy and the handling thereof ONLY.
Please direct all change requests to the main forum.
ndjamena

Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:15 pm

I've searched the forums and as far as I can tell this hasn't been discussed, but I didn't think it was worth a series request just yet.

I have all of the Nexo Knight episodes from iTunes, I just happened to look up the series on Wikipedia to see if it was finished at season 2 when I noticed a notification questioning whether the show is called 'LEGO Nexo Knights' or just 'Nexo Knights'.

It actually makes a very good point. Looking at the actual episodes the Lego logo is never actually used and the only time the word LEGO appears in the entire video track is at the very end or the end credits, but only for copyright reasons and always as "The LEGO Group", identifying the actual company rather than the brand.

In one of the back threads there's a question as to whether LEGO is capitalized as LEGO or Lego and someone mentions they've watched the episodes and it looks like LEGO to them, which kind of suggests the LEGO logo is more prevalent in other LEGO series' (Nexo Knights is the only one I have at the moment).

If you look at something like Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. the Marvel logo is right there in the series logo and on the ABC website every mention of the shows names has the Marvel prefix, on Nexo Knights the LEGO logo is NOT on the series logo and the inclusion of "LEGO" in the name is kind of hit and miss on either the official Cartoon Network and LEGO websites.

I guess the question is, is LEGO actually part of the name or is it just a hint that's added sometimes just to indicate it "stars" LEGO mini-figures and should LEGO Nexo Knight be the series name, just an alias or discarded.