Mythbusters Season Update 07/23/2015

Discuss ongoing matters concerning the application of site policies, or the policies themselves, here.
Forum rules
This sub-forum is for the discussion of site policy and the handling thereof ONLY.
Please direct all change requests to the main forum.
hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Re: Mythbusters Season Update 07/23/2015

Postby hikaricore » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:25 pm

Yea that's why were going by the network.

I have some free time coming up this next week so I'll try to get this all sorted once and for all. :)

hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Postby hikaricore » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:05 pm

Update! <inb4chaos>

I've gone ahead and moved the episodes the corresponding year seasons.

There are a couple things that I'll need to address however:

1. Buster cuts. We have some of these in Specials and some of them in the seasons. I suspect there's a reason for this but I'll need to review the series history here on the forum to find out more of why. I placed all the existing specials in where they fit before so for now it should be fine.
2. The original seasons are still in place because they contain artwork. This artwork will most likely need to be moved to the year seasons most closely related to the art in question. There are a few places where the artwork just won't match up so we'll evaluate that further soon.

We'll be updating everyone here as this progresses and I thank you for your patience in the meantime.

NMe

Postby NMe » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:42 am

dangerdad wrote:
NMe wrote:A season break in the middle of a running batch of episodes is arbitrary. Even if it's the same thing their own website shows, it's just wrong. Also, you never commented on what Adam himself said about the season finale on Twitter.

And he's calling this coming weekend's episode another season finale.

https://twitter.com/donttrythis/status/ ... 1254635520

...because it was. Again. Seasons are just short now that Adam and Jamie are alone and have another agenda (touring, etc).

eriohm

Postby eriohm » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:29 am

All I have to say is that I like that you've changed to year. Hoping that some artwork will be showing up soon. :)

Keep up the good work!

cbr250rr

Postby cbr250rr » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:49 am

Hi guys

I was scrolling through my Sonarr lists and noticed my Mythbusters seasons was 53/266... Which got me thinking umm, hang on a second that's not right. So I then checked the folder where my TV series are kept, then went into Myhtbusters and noticed some folders were renamed to year and others were not. The folders with year had some episodes in them which matched with what Sonar was picking up in the total number of episodes. The ones with season were not being picked up by Sonarr. Which got me thinking... wtf have I done... So I moved the files back to my drone factory folder which picked up a few and re-imported but not all.

I thought this was maybe a bug so I restarted Sonarr - same issue.

I then moved all the files out of the season folders into a folder called Mythbusters and put that into my drone factory folder, which imported one or two episodes but still left me with the same problem. Anyway did some googling which led me to this post which now makes so I joined forum and now here I am.

I personally don't care if they're listed as episodes or years, I'm just pissed off I now have a total of 112 MKV files totaling 154GB that were perfectly organised and now are not. Was the migration process from seasons to years meant to happen automatically? How can I re-import these files? I've stopped Sonar from searching for missing episodes for Mythbusters for the time being.

Cheers.

hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Postby hikaricore » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:33 pm

I can't really comment on how this change is being handled by third party software and services, most likely you would need to talk to the folks who put together Sonarr about this. We don't provide support for such things in any capacity as we're just the database they utilize.

danyboy666

Postby danyboy666 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:21 pm

cbr250rr wrote:Hi guys

I was scrolling through my Sonarr lists and noticed my Mythbusters seasons was 53/266... Which got me thinking umm, hang on a second that's not right. So I then checked the folder where my TV series are kept, then went into Myhtbusters and noticed some folders were renamed to year and others were not. The folders with year had some episodes in them which matched with what Sonar was picking up in the total number of episodes. The ones with season were not being picked up by Sonarr. Which got me thinking... wtf have I done... So I moved the files back to my drone factory folder which picked up a few and re-imported but not all.

I thought this was maybe a bug so I restarted Sonarr - same issue.

I then moved all the files out of the season folders into a folder called Mythbusters and put that into my drone factory folder, which imported one or two episodes but still left me with the same problem. Anyway did some googling which led me to this post which now makes so I joined forum and now here I am.

I personally don't care if they're listed as episodes or years, I'm just pissed off I now have a total of 112 MKV files totaling 154GB that were perfectly organised and now are not. Was the migration process from seasons to years meant to happen automatically? How can I re-import these files? I've stopped Sonar from searching for missing episodes for Mythbusters for the time being.

Cheers.

You'd have to rename all of your files as so:
Mythbusters.Year.Month.day.extension

Ex. Mythbusters.2015.07.18.mkv for you software to pick up the changes. Other than that it'll be impossible unless using TheXEM as primary db.

If episode are dated correctly in the db, sonarr ,sb ,etc, etc. will pick it up without any issues.

Species8472

Postby Species8472 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:15 am

I don't mind the change. It is certainly easier to maintain.

But when I renamed all my files, I realised this one was missing from the year season setup:
MythBusters 11x09 - Plane Boarding - Bite the Bullet

eriohm

Postby eriohm » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:18 am

Species8472 wrote:I don't mind the change. It is certainly easier to maintain.

But when I renamed all my files, I realised this one was missing from the year season setup:

Here it is: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesi ... 8062&lid=7

Species8472

Postby Species8472 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:28 am

eriohm wrote:
Species8472 wrote:I don't mind the change. It is certainly easier to maintain.

Here it is: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesi ... 8062&lid=7

Aha!

I had two copies of it, and one was probably mislabelled. My bad. The file date was also from 2013, so I have no idea what happened there.

Thanks anyway :)