Outcast Airdates changed?

Discuss ongoing matters concerning the application of site policies, or the policies themselves, here.
Forum rules
This sub-forum is for the discussion of site policy and the handling thereof ONLY.
Please direct all change requests to the main forum.
bta489

Outcast Airdates changed?

Postby bta489 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:31 pm

Could it be that someone changed the Airdates for Season 2 of 'Outcast' [Link]? They seem to be off by one year since they aired last year around this time and up to recently they were labeled as such. Currently the premiere is set to the future in July of this year.

See also the Airdates on IMDB [Link]

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Re: Outcast Airdates changed?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:05 pm

It looks like this is actually proper, as the advance dates are for Foxtel UK distribution, not the original broadcaster Cinemax.
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/outcast/ ... us-release

I doubt this will be the last we hear of similar issues.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

bta489

Postby bta489 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:18 am

Alright then. Thanks for shedding some light in this matter.

Distribution rights are surely good for a surprise or two in the Internet-Age.

hoffy97

Postby hoffy97 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:03 pm

From what I can tell, this was made by Fox International Studios, and they use Cinemax for US distribution, and Fox International for worldwide release. So, Cinemax isn't the studio, Fox is. I take that to mean the FoxUK air date are the proper first air dates, not some sorta "pre-view". Am I coming to the wrong conclusion? Aren't we supposed to use the first date these are broadcast? My take then is that these should have the 2017 dates from Fox UK.

Cinemax did broadcast season 1 first and is listed as the "original network"; do we follow whatever the first season does?

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:50 pm

Yes, policy is (has always been) that we follow the network that first broadcasts Season 1.
I thought that was obvious, but in hindsight, I can see where just saying "the original airing" is a little ambiguous.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.