How to handle unavailable episodes

Discuss ongoing matters concerning the application of site policies, or the policies themselves, here.
Forum rules
This sub-forum is for the discussion of site policy and the handling thereof ONLY.
Please direct all change requests to the main forum.
sankai91

How to handle unavailable episodes

Postby sankai91 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:49 am

Hello there

I've been adding new episodes of the show Almost Daily (German online show).

I then noticed, that some episodes are missing in the official playlist of the youtube channel. Some episodes (such as Almost Daily #100) I found by looking for it in the youtube search, however other episodes (such as Almost Daily #125) have been taken down.

For now the TVDB is missing episode 125 (someone else added around 150 episodes before I started to update the show) but I've been wondering, if I still have to add the episode for the show to be complete, or if I have to leave it be, since new watchers can't rewatch the episode anywhere.

In a similiar case, the episodes still have been added. Namely Episode 200 & 201 of South Park, season 14. However the list of official sites, such as southpark.de where you can stream the series online also lists them, without making them available. Also the episodes can still be found on other, non official websites - which is not the case with the missing episode of Almost Daily (well, at least as far as I know)

So, what should I do? :)

polargeek
The Cat's Ass

Re: How to handle unavailable episodes

Postby polargeek » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:55 pm

If they ever aired even just once and then were removed then they should be included.
All PM's asking for exceptions, rule changes, series unlocks et al will be ignored.

sankai91

Re: How to handle unavailable episodes

Postby sankai91 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:44 am

Ok, thanks for the quick reply! :)