Hot Streets episodes need to be moved back one day

Discuss ongoing matters concerning the application of site policies, or the policies themselves, here.
Forum rules
This sub-forum is for the discussion of site policy and the handling thereof ONLY.
Please direct all change requests to the main forum.
matttt

Hot Streets episodes need to be moved back one day

Postby matttt » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:43 pm

one of the episodes is locked, which is why i'm putting this here instead of changing it myself again.

the rule for airdate is stil 'first airing in the country of origin', yeah? if that's the case, all episode airdates (including the pilot) should be moved back one day because half (or 3/4, for west coasters that have access to the east coast feed) of the country sees the episodes on Sunday night before midnight. i changed them earlier but someone put them forward again. how do we let these people know what the policy is?

one episode was locked because the episode didn't actually air on the night it was supposed to, which is fair enough, but i assume this is the person who changed the airdates again also. might be worth directly letting this person know the policy about airdates.

korosu

Re: Hot Streets episodes need to be moved back one day

Postby korosu » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:48 am

what do you mean policy about air dates? viewtopic.php?t=34941#p109570

they would have changed the date for episode 8 if it wasn't supposed to be today because i gave the time slot

also the pilot aired at 11:30 pm

matttt

Postby matttt » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:30 pm

in the past, adult swim shows have always been listed as premiering on the day that they show up on the adult swim schedule, which is also the day that they premiere for most of the country. the west coast, mountain time zone, central time zone see the new episodes at 9 / 10 / 11 at night, respectively. the premiere is the first night it airs. for example, the airdate for episode 7 can't possibly be 2/5 because people in the US, the country of origin, were watching it on 2/4. that's a premiere right there.

korosu

Postby korosu » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:19 pm

huh?

sure, the first ever adult swim premieres after 11:59 pm list the day the block aired, not the actual day

Mommentary (2): Creator's Commentary
Mommentary (3): Jellybean

the next adult swim premiere after 11:59 pm was the Sealab 2021 episode Brainswitch, which aired at midnight on May 25th, or 12 am May 26th

the episode is locked and says May 26th

https://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&se ... 9086&lid=7

matttt

Postby matttt » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:16 pm

i have no idea what you're talking about in that last post

i watch Hot Streets at 10 PM on Sunday night. there is no universe in which Hot Streets episodes can be considered to be premiering on a Monday, and the airdate should reflect this

(the one exception being the episode that didn't actually air on the night it was supposed to and aired the next night, of course. that one is correct)

korosu

Postby korosu » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:57 pm

you see it at 10 pm because it's airing at midnight for people in est. i'm not aware of adult swim having promos for each time zone. they are based in atlanta and use est and that's what they advertise.

my previous post was a response to you claiming something has always been the case when it hasn't.

according to the post i linked in my first response to this thread, they want us to use the calendar date.

matttt

Postby matttt » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:30 pm

korosu wrote:you see it at 10 pm because it's airing at midnight for people in est.

people all over the USA were watching episode 7 on 2/4

thus, episode 7 premiered on 2/4

it's not complicated

matttt

Postby matttt » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:49 pm

i noticed this got moved to a different section of the forums, so just to make sure it's seen i'll make a new post and restate my question:

as long as i've been here, the policy has been 'earliest airing in the program's country of origin', as far as i was aware. in the past, i've been able to get dates changed by moderators according to this policy.

is that still the case?

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Postby Imzadi » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:37 pm

If you are able to watch a show earlier because of a different time zone I don't think that it should alter the airdate of the original broadcast.

genemct

Postby genemct » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:11 pm

I believe the policy is first airing, not earliest, which may sound like semantics, but it is not the same.

It is worth noting, the late late night talk shows violate this rule by accepted standards, the networks advertise and catalog them as airing the prior date, since the network "broadcast day" runs til about 3 or 4 am est. Also, it would make the shows run Tuesday through Saturday, which would also be incorrect!