Pokemon title Question

Discuss ongoing matters concerning the application of site policies, or the policies themselves, here.
Forum rules
This sub-forum is for the discussion of site policy and the handling thereof ONLY.
Please direct all change requests to the main forum.
andcbii

Pokemon title Question

Postby andcbii » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:54 pm

There are several pokemon episodes listed under season 18 where the title card doesn't match the name of the episode. An example is https://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesid=76703&seasonid=689011&id=6125897&lid=7

Here is the title card for that episode:

Is the name listed on TheTVDB.com a translation of the Japanese name? Is this standard, to use a translated name and not the one given by the English broadcaster? It's make things a little confusing. I didn't post this under the update section of the site because I didn't know if this was technically correct.

Maretoh

Re: Pokemon title Question

Postby Maretoh » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:53 am

Yes, it is. It's because at that time, the episodes weren't officially translated yet. So in the meantime, we put transliterations.
Now that they have aired, we can update the translation. And done ('til Ep. 26).
While I was at it, I also added the Japanese titles for Season 18, as they were missing.
An episode a day keeps the doctor away.