What made you visit this site?

Discussion about the website and interfaces.
Report general bugs here.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SERIES REQUESTS HERE.
Use the appropriate forum.
Requests posted here are subject to immediate deletion.
Ruthalas

Re: What made you visit this site?

Postby Ruthalas » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:30 pm

As an avid Kodi user, I wanted my episodes to be named in accordance with the scraper/database I'd be using.

I've since hung around to update and add content to keep the things I am following up to date!

dub

Postby dub » Mon May 21, 2018 7:24 am

used as a source for my plex install but on the website i'm for looking how users votes a serie.

The user votings were mostly accurate and decided if I'm interested in a series.

PatK

Postby PatK » Tue May 29, 2018 11:05 am

One of the support sites for the program Kodi, and I couldn't live without it, I need to explore the range of possibilities to see if I can bring anything to the table.

ByteShare

Postby ByteShare » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:26 pm

Years ago....Kodi to get my stuff to match.

ByteShare

Postby ByteShare » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:28 pm

PatK wrote:One of the support sites for the program Kodi, and I couldn't live without it, I need to explore the range of possibilities to see if I can bring anything to the table.

The site always needs help, like any database. Check out viewforum.php?f=7 There are often changes that any user can make because there are request for filling in missing episodes for an unlocked series...I know doing this stuff would really help the community and the mods.

WebItOS

Postby WebItOS » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:19 am

To request additional Spanish variations.

Living in Mexico and having to fetch Spain titles makes my library seem odd, even when its in the same language.
For those who don't know, there is a cultural debate among Spain-based translations supporters and (mostly)Mexico-based ones, whose translations usually cover for the entire Latin America region (so the mexican based one covers up about 650 million people).

Having said that, I don't think one or the other is better, as its just a matter of taste, but they are so different that it has always bugged my mind why they are (internationally) treated as one, specially coming from Anglo-saxon countries. For example, youtube at some point used to recommend me Spanish videos, regardless of whether they were originated from Spain or Latin America. Clicking on one of those videos only to discover it has the spain voices is pain inflicted into my ears.

In the case of the TheTVDB, some episodes have descriptions with character names as they were named in Spain, not as they were named in Latin America. Same for episode names, the translations are so distinct that the guide itself doesn't help to identify old classics. So I gladly went to the root of the information source (tvdb) and went straight to ask for that. I know it's going to take a lot of time to build an entire new language, but I hope it is added soon and I will be glad to fill up all the metadata I own (I already started overwritting manually my own library, but I fear a sync can revert them back to Spain stuff, and that the effort is worth only for me. I'd like to share it).

ben_ten

Postby ben_ten » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:14 am

TVTIME haha

annomatik

Postby annomatik » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:55 pm

I've been using Kodi for a couple of years now, thetvdb is the default tv series scrapper, I have a lot of exotic stuff in my collection. One thing lead to the other... :-)