What made you visit this site?

Discussion about the website and interfaces.
Report general bugs here.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SERIES REQUESTS HERE.
Use the appropriate forum.
Requests posted here are subject to immediate deletion.
hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Re: What made you visit this site?

Postby hikaricore » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:35 am

laserkid wrote:I've been honestly lurking around the site and forums since I discovered Plex earlier this year, most I'd done before was add some banner art for BASTof Lemon/BASToF Syndrome since I am like one of three people that owns that show in the United States, and eventually had some issues with an incomplete DVD order which I made a separate post about, which led me to registering to the forums.

I always hear such horrid rumors about how anal and evil the staff at this site are, but honestly I haven't noticed - there's a system and it gets adhered to, and that's fair enough, honestly.

We're at our worst when doing the job right and following the rules. :) There are a lot of people out there who are very selfish and could give any segment of a damn when they don't get exactly what they want. I'm happy when the rest of our community can see past the nonsense.

castanza128

Postby castanza128 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:59 pm

I came here because TVDB names seasons by the year.
So all of my shows that were after that change, and named by season.....just.....got....friggin....DELETED.
They were named season 6 instead of season 2014, so they must be nonsense files, to my renamer.
But it appears here the site owners just want to be different.
Because standardization sucks?
:(

hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Postby hikaricore » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:53 pm

So you knowingly configured a third party application to delete unknown files and are putting that on us?

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:34 pm

Pretty much, I obviously came here to listen to jackasses blaming the rest of the world for the problems they created.
God knows I get enough of it.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

SpiggyTopes

Postby SpiggyTopes » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:33 am

Hi,

J River uses the TVDB for meta data and I often search the database for the older BBC series info.

For me, a series is not complete without a bit of artwork ....

I was delighted to find some entries for the Goon Show (BBC radio) and would now like to complete it.

Cheers

shero

Postby shero » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:51 pm

some new series still not on the list yet... and some of it doesn't have any photos, actor' photos, and some info suddenly in other language..

Gmoney

Postby Gmoney » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:15 pm

I needed some help with the TVDB Kodi addon and don't know how to contact the developers

Splatoon

Postby Splatoon » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:48 am

In-between asking dumb questions, wanted to give a thanks to the contributors and crew here for providing a great service to quasi-technical obsessives like myself.

Splatoon

Postby Splatoon » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:08 am

Oh, and after reading hikaricore's Rants About Things Involving Stuff, I'd also like to apologize for being one of the slobos flummoxed by the single season view DVD order. They only allow me on the internet when someone else is using the crayons.

GrfxDm

Postby GrfxDm » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:08 pm

Hi o/
I originally came to the site, looking for banners and images I could use for a site on which I made banners.
This was probably in 2008 or even earlier. At first I just too... and lurked, but as time went on, I was able to start contributing :D