What made you visit this site?

Discussion about the website and interfaces.
Report general bugs here.
Forum rules
This forum is now read-only. Support for TheTVDB.com is now available at https://support.thetvdb.com/
manekineko

Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:17 pm

If you are not sure where to put a documentary please feel free to ask.
Merlinium

Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:12 pm

I used to use XBMC and this was one of the sites it scrapes from, now I use Plex and it uses this site for scraping metadata for all the TV Shows. And I originally created an account to fix what I thought was very inaccurate data regarding Grand Designs, only to read later that WIKI is not a legitimate source for series numbering, which I had been using to name and number my episodes from that series. Now I just go with whats listed on tvdb and make sure that each episode is the actual episode it is named.
mrpink84

Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:36 am

I am a firm believer in properly indexed television, no matter the genre. That is why you will find a large portion of my contributions to be forgotten shows of the past and/or the reality & female-centric variety that is too often passed over by the typical contributor. I am not calling anyone out, nor am I taking responsibility for my past Real Housewives uploads, but in the name of TheTVDB, I must strive for complete organization, regardless of subject matter. Semper Fabulous. Hoorah!
Dravokivich

Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:11 am

The main scrapers for TV shows reference this site. Also used it to re-arrange folder structure my Anime.
LYuan

Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:06 pm

I think my IP got blocked - Trying to figure out how to fix it!
acogshot

Sun May 10, 2015 9:40 am

I came here because Plex uses this site to gather metadata. It's a very handy site, well done to everyone who has contributed!
travisc555

Sun May 17, 2015 8:11 pm

I came here to edit show descriptions, add episodes to series that were missing, etc. for an iPhone app that I use to track TV shows that I watch. The app is called iShows.
OKCRandy

Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:13 pm

I wanted to report an error in the seriesId for Texas Rising.

The correct series id is at:
http://www.zap2it.com/tv/texas-rising/SH018984720000

tvdb has SH189847200 which should be SH01898472
polargeek
Site Admin

Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:49 pm

OKCRandy wrote:I wanted to report an error in the seriesId for Texas Rising.

The correct series id is at:
http://www.zap2it.com/tv/texas-rising/SH018984720000

tvdb has SH189847200 which should be SH01898472
Make a new thread in the correct place and some one will look into it. Please see the site rules
laserkid

Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:00 pm

I've been honestly lurking around the site and forums since I discovered Plex earlier this year, most I'd done before was add some banner art for BASTof Lemon/BASToF Syndrome since I am like one of three people that owns that show in the United States, and eventually had some issues with an incomplete DVD order which I made a separate post about, which led me to registering to the forums.

I always hear such horrid rumors about how anal and evil the staff at this site are, but honestly I haven't noticed - there's a system and it gets adhered to, and that's fair enough, honestly.