What made you visit this site?

Discussion about the website and interfaces.
Report general bugs here.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SERIES REQUESTS HERE.
Use the appropriate forum.
Requests posted here are subject to immediate deletion.
hikaricore
Gaius Baltar
Posts: 5968
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:28 am

Re: What made you visit this site?

Postby hikaricore » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:38 pm

Why is it so hard for you to simply accept that you are wrong? This site is about accuracy. If you don't like that alternatives have been suggested to you. Keep whining all you like but it's not going to suddenly make you not wrong.

harrystefanou
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:03 am
Location: India
Contact:

Re: What made you visit this site?

Postby harrystefanou » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:24 am

how to give answer to this question?? ;)

infinite.loop
Trusted Translator
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 12:22 pm
Location: Austria
Contact:

Re: What made you visit this site?

Postby infinite.loop » Wed May 29, 2013 9:59 am

Been using thetvdb a long time already as source for my english series I have in TVSeries/MediaPortal.

Came here now because I started to also add the tv-shows my kids watch to the TV-Series plugin. And for quite some of their shows their are no german translations, phosters,fanart, etc. So to fix this, I am now contributing here too. :)

What is confusing me is that some shows/season are "locked" for no obvious reason. :S But I did not have the time to read through all the stickies and the wiki yet. ;-)
regards
Chris

polargeek
The Cat's Ass
Posts: 728
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:31 pm
Location: Canada

Re: What made you visit this site?

Postby polargeek » Wed May 29, 2013 11:17 am

infinite.loop wrote:What is confusing me is that some shows/season are "locked" for no obvious reason. :S But I did not have the time to read through all the stickies and the wiki yet. ;-)



Most shows that are locked are so because their episode order is contentious. Often because they have been aired in different orders in different countries. Or in the case of children's programs because multi-part episodes have been split up. Because the aired order of shows is intentionally limited to the original country/language/channel of production and to stop the back and forth changing of episode orders. Some shows get locked before all possible translation is complete.

In those cases please post in the translation request forum http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewforum.php?f=14 following the format provided in the instructions thread http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4231. And a moderator will get to your request as soon as they have time to complete it.
All PM's asking for exceptions, rule changes, series unlocks et al will be ignored.

infinite.loop
Trusted Translator
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 12:22 pm
Location: Austria
Contact:

Re: What made you visit this site?

Postby infinite.loop » Wed May 29, 2013 11:51 am

polargeek wrote:
infinite.loop wrote:What is confusing me is that some shows/season are "locked" for no obvious reason. :S But I did not have the time to read through all the stickies and the wiki yet. ;-)



Most shows that are locked are so because their episode order is contentious. Often because they have been aired in different orders in different countries. Or in the case of children's programs because multi-part episodes have been split up. Because the aired order of shows is intentionally limited to the original country/language/channel of production and to stop the back and forth changing of episode orders. Some shows get locked before all possible translation is complete.

In those cases please post in the translation request forum http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewforum.php?f=14 following the format provided in the instructions thread http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4231. And a moderator will get to your request as soon as they have time to complete it.

Thanks for the info!
regards
Chris

Chronocide
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:07 pm

API, & openness

Postby Chronocide » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:28 pm

Started putting together a custom HTPC using Autohotkey. Discovered theTVDB as an alternative to scraping IMDB html, but something something about an api key. So, I registered there. Then I learned about MediaPortal while reading posts in this thread, so I'll give that a shot first.
I noticed Reign doesn't have an entry yet. I might have an alternate project with that.

So glad video databases aren't all corporate! (looking at you, IMDB!)

hikaricore
Gaius Baltar
Posts: 5968
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:28 am

Re: What made you visit this site?

Postby hikaricore » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:54 pm

Interesting fact, IMDB started as a usenet group.

Airbander
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:09 am

Re: What made you visit this site?

Postby Airbander » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:13 am

Hi new to this site but i been manually adding entries for rare Documentary just to help up the community and that why i visit this site :)

manekineko
Goddess of Documentaries
Posts: 955
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:38 am

Re: What made you visit this site?

Postby manekineko » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:33 am

Unfortunately, I just had to delete one of your entries. One-off documentaries are not allowed, they should be listed in their "umbrella" documentaries series like National Geographic Documentaries, BBC Documentaries and so on.
"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don’t alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views."
-- Doctor Who, The Face of Evil

Airbander
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:09 am

Re: What made you visit this site?

Postby Airbander » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:48 am

manekineko wrote:Unfortunately, I just had to delete one of your entries. One-off documentaries are not allowed, they should be listed in their "umbrella" documentaries series like National Geographic Documentaries, BBC Documentaries and so on.


That ok did not know about "umbrella" now i know so mybe next time i will try looking for "umbrella" type and then try to make an entries a normal process of learning

Thanks