What made you visit this site?

Discussion about the website and interfaces.
Report general bugs here.
Forum rules
This forum is now read-only. Support for TheTVDB.com is now available at https://support.thetvdb.com/
Adhmuz

Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:55 pm

I just added my collection of Dirt Every Day to my Plex and noticed the files names are all messed up and not matching the actual episodes properly, took a look and it appears Motortrend is on Season 8 where as TVDB is only on Season 7 because the real Season 1 and 2 have been merged in to Season 1. All the other Seasons are off by a Season, 2 should be 3, 3 should be 4, ect... So I would like to correct this or get it fixed.

While I'm at it I will take a look as to why other shows seem to have different titles than the actual episodes name.

Oh and probably make some contributions where I can.
BlitzGreymon

Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:30 am

I have a 200+ VHS colle of old cartoon serb-cro. dubs, most not unavailable on net and never released on dvds or re-aired on tv, but it was all a random mess. This site helped me sort and categorize all my recordings.

Now, I'm kinda hooked on it. I add missing data, translations, added two shows. I also love making banners.
Mickey Kuyo

Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:43 am

I recently bought a Zappiti player, I'm interrested to contribute with posters.

Bonjour a tous :)
Dibala44

Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:45 am

I came here thanks to trakt. In the beginning i had no idea where they got their info about tv shows and movies from until i saw an error and wanted to correct it.
Just-A-Guy

Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:11 pm

Not quite sure but the home page seems a bit racist. Can someone explain how 100% of all the "Featured" TV shows and movies are Black-oriented shows? Coincidence? Don't get me wrong: I have watched some great "Black" films in my time and I loved Sanford & Sons, but really?
DarklightIndigo
Site Moderator

Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:41 pm

Just-A-Guy wrote:
Not quite sure but the home page seems a bit racist. Can someone explain how 100% of all the "Featured" TV shows and movies are Black-oriented shows? Coincidence? Don't get me wrong: I have watched some great "Black" films in my time and I loved Sanford & Sons, but really?
I would've started a new topic to address this concern, but my way is not everyone's way.

That said, my understanding is that the front page algorithm historically highlighted the entries with the most active edits. In the wake of the May BLM protests, the death of George Floyd, and Juneteenth, those will tend to gravitate towards series involving what the media term Persons of Color. Data always skews in favour of increased participation, so if volunteering information is racist, that's news to me.
Timelife08094

Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Just-A-Guy wrote:
Wow. And Sanford only had one Son.