add multiple episodes of a show all at once

Discussion about the website and interfaces.
Report general bugs here.
Forum rules
This forum is now read-only. Support for TheTVDB.com is now available at https://support.thetvdb.com/
meltsley

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:50 pm

Is there a way to add multiple episodes of a show, in this case a daily soap opera, all at once? Apparently I am not the only one who is not interested in doing this daily or entering in 200+ of these per year. I am wondering if there is an XML or API link to adding seasons to shows all at once or adding episodes to seasons.

I don't even mind sending the file to someone else to input if it is a permissions problem to give us all access to do multiple episodes.

I just don't want my wife reminding me daily that my PVR solution does not record her soap which is on every day at the same time and even the VCR could do it.

In this case it is General Hospital and it hasn't been updated since last year. Tv.com has a current episode list and I was just going to more or less put the episodes in, but loath having to do them all 1 at a time. I would prefer if I could do them all at once. If not it would be good to know that it is not possible so I stop wasting my time thinking about it.

Thanks
Coco
Site Admin

Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:16 pm

It's not supported. With the new site we most likely will allow it although it most likely won't be an option everyone can use as it allows people to mess up the DB very quickly. As it stands right now though there is no such option at all.
szsori
Site Admin

Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:07 am

Since we'll handle versioning on the new site as well as allowing all changes via the API, someone will be able to easily make an app that does bulk imports.
benj180

Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:32 am

Sorry to dig up an old post, but is this now possible? I'm interested in having both This Morning and Good Morning Britain updated properly with all listed episodes and doing this individually is going to be a lot of work.