Bug or images are being deleted?

Discussion about the website and interfaces.
Report general bugs here.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SERIES REQUESTS HERE.
Use the appropriate forum.
Requests posted here are subject to immediate deletion.
Leonardo

Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:25 pm

I apologize for the errors I'm using Google Translate.

Hi, all the images I added have been and continue to be removed: https://www.thetvdb.com/series/316473-show

I would like to know the reason, everyone followed the rules.

Thank you!
rev.pragon
Site Moderator

Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:17 am

I wasn´t the one who has deleted them but as far as i can see most of the Pictures were Titlecards and they aren´t allowed.
No Support via PN. Read the Rules.
Leonardo

Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:18 am

rev.pragon wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:17 am
I wasn´t the one who has deleted them but as far as i can see most of the Pictures were Titlecards and they aren´t allowed.
Okay, I understand, but they even deleted the photo of the presenter of the actors.
rev.pragon
Site Moderator

Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:38 pm

I don´t know how they was before but if they were blurry, incorrectly resized, bad quality with text etc.... they get deleted too.
Jane17

Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:44 pm

Yes the images are getting more and more blurry. Don't know whats the issue
SinanOnline

Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:49 am

Right now episode images get deleted left and right. I don't know what's going on but this is no fun anymore.
Imzadi
Site Moderator

Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:21 am

They get deleted when they are title cards, include text, have low quality, black bars, wrong dimensions. Pretty simply.
rev.pragon
Site Moderator

Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:00 am

SinanOnline wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:49 am
Right now episode images get deleted left and right. I don't know what's going on but this is no fun anymore.
It isn´t funny either for us deleting Pictures because some People ignoring/don´t reading/don´t understand our Rules. If you don´t show us some Pictures for Example i can´t tell you why they getting deleted but the Answers have already been given. Blurry, stretched, Text, Watermarks, Network Logo, incorrectly resized, pixelated, Borders on Top/Bottom/Left/rigt, Titlecars, choose one of them...
b5s4saleioh

Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:41 am

:arrow: Please listen to the community on this.

Isn't the point of this platform to serve as a community based source for TV shows and Movies, and ONLY became popular due to 3rd part applications like Plex relying on the data?
I completely agree and understand removing images that violate the rules, however, hundreds of images were removed that did NOT violate any rules, and site moderators/admin threw away numerous hours of hard work by contributors. Brilliant!

Episode screencaps must be 640x480 (for SD 4:3 shows) or 640x360 (for HD 16:9 shows) and be JPG format. They should not contain spoilers, nudity, or vulgarity. Please ensure they are of high quality with no watermarks, unrelated logos, and that they don't appear stretched.

Why were all the images removed for example YouTube show where the Image uploaded to Thetvdb match exactly the same episode images the creators presented on YT?
The episode images are 100% what the content creators want the episode images to be, and fully comply with the above requirements.
Example (all of these episodes had uploaded episode screenshots from source platform YT): https://thetvdb.com/series/mighty-car-m ... fficial/12

Is the intent of the "Episode Screenshot" to be image samples to show the quality of the video?
This isn't a scene release site, so what purpose would this serve? Screenshots attempting to show video quality/bit-rate/resolution are not relevant for this site.
Imzadi
Site Moderator

Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:51 am

Again, we do not allow title cards. Never did. Images should contain no text. Everything on the site could be translated from Episode summaries to poster contain foreign language titles. Title cards or screenshots containing text cannot. Currently they are not allowed.