Synology Users

Discussion about the website and interfaces.
Report general bugs here.
Forum rules
This forum is now read-only. Support for TheTVDB.com is now available at https://support.thetvdb.com/
ChristyEzzell
Site Admin

Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:01 pm

Synology users,

We understand that the Synology video system made a recent upgrade requiring their users to get their own individual keys. Please know a couple of things. The Synology users base collectively is one of the major drains on our infrastructure system. Your usage is very expensive to support, however, we do value you as customers and the data contributions you make to our open source system. We are in active communication with Synology to hopefully find a resolution to this issue that works for both parties, but we have been overwhelmed by the thousand of key requests that require individual approvals. It's going to take some time, so please be patient with us as we work this out.

Best,
TheTVDB
jkoutromanos

Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:09 pm

Thank you for the explanation. It is always better than not responding at all. Looking forward for a sustainable solution.
John
Mecha999x

Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:28 pm

I have my Synology(s) to get media info manually. It does not go out automatically to get media info all by itself. I too have gotten that Synology asking me to get an API key. So, I been checking my mailbox off and on.

By the way I notice today, Alex Rider (2020) TV Series isn't working correctly on my end with my Synology NAS. It is showing just the Title and description from TheMovieDB site. I use TheTVDB database. All media info for the show isn't showing up whatsoever on TheTVDB end.

And by the way I notice some TV Series with Filebot isn't get the media info correctly to rename my my TV Series episodes.

thanks!
Banaan666

Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:20 am

thanks for the information, looking foward to see the results on my nas :)
goldorak_aff

Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:31 am

thanks for your support.
Fenril

Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:21 pm

Hello
I understand that you are overwhelmed by the number of api request, but can we have some kind of ETA ?
As end users, we don't had any choice and honnestly, i feel like a hostage between Synology and you 😒
Don't misundertand me, I'm not mad at you, but mostly at the situation 😉
Fred
PS : sorry for thé poor english, it's not my former language 😊
emilyhelwig
Site Admin

Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:36 am

Synology users,

Thank you for your patience. We have been in touch with Synology and have a proposal in front of them that we feel is modest and fair. They assure us we should have an answer by Thursday. We are waiting to hear back and still have a considerable backlog of individual user keys in the system that are a blocker. Thank you for your continued patience as we work through this situation. We value you all as consumers and contributors to TheTVDB and hope to have this resolved shortly.

TheTVDB
Mecha999x

Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:07 pm

WOW! must be some gooood news :)
hedbert

Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:00 pm

Greetings-
It is almost EOD on Friday. Is there an update?