Issue with episode titles saying unknown

Discussion about the website and interfaces.
Report general bugs here.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SERIES REQUESTS HERE.
Use the appropriate forum.
Requests posted here are subject to immediate deletion.
dakotalee24

Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:38 am

On the series super sentai if you go into the specials it will say unknown for almost every episode. But if you click on it then it will show in English. I have messed around with changing my preferred language and it doesn't change anything. For awhile it showed the way it was supposed to on mobile but not on desktop and now it's messed up on both.
emilyhelwig
Site Admin

Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:52 am

Hi there! Can you provide URLs for this, as well as screenshots of what you're seeing? I can't seem to reproduce this. Thanks!
dakotalee24

Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:06 am

emilyhelwig
Site Admin

Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:19 am

Ok, I see why this is happening. If you read the bar at the top, it mentions that
When available, episode names will be translated into your preferred language. Otherwise they will be shown using the series' origin language.
These episodes (most of them, anyway) seem to only have English translations. I'm assuming your language is not set to English (let me know if I'm wrong). So, since there's no translations available either in whatever your language is set to or in the original language of the series, that's why you're seeing the Unknown title there.

If you'd like, you're able to add translations to the episode in whatever language you're looking for. Please let me know if you'd like instructions on how to do so. Hope this helps!
emilyhelwig
Site Admin

Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:23 am

I just read you've tried switching your preferred language — I believe with caching issues you'd have to try a hard refresh to see the changes. I would look up how to do this on your specific computer (on a Mac it's cmd+shift+R), this will force refresh your cache so I believe you'll see the changes take place.
dakotalee24

Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:12 am

My language is set to english. And I have tried multiple browsers, devices, and clearing my browsing data. I even tried looking at it when I wasnt logged in on a random deivce that I havent looked at that webpage before. Same thing.
HPotter

Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:53 am

What about setting that you could always see original language instead others languages?

Because in this case it's weird.
For example, french series: https://www.thetvdb.com/series/sister-therese-com/
If my language is French all fine. I see all episode titles, but if any others - english etc, I don't see titles, it's Unknown. But, I even can't choose to see original titles on this page.
But in description said:
"When available, episode names will be translated into your preferred language. Otherwise they will be shown using the series' origin language."

So it should be in original language, because titles avaliable just in French, but it's Unknown.
HPotter

Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:22 am

I mean about button for choose languages not avaliable on general season page like here: https://www.thetvdb.com/series/sister-t ... official/3
On episode page it's avalibale like here https://www.thetvdb.com/series/sister-t ... es/4451422 but of course open every eps to see titles instead season page it's unuseful.