THIS DATABASE/WEBSITE/FORUM IS DEAD PEOPLE......

Discussion about the website and interfaces.
Report general bugs here.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SERIES REQUESTS HERE.
Use the appropriate forum.
Requests posted here are subject to immediate deletion.
Mordac85

Re: THIS DATABASE/WEBSITE/FORUM IS DEAD PEOPLE......

Postby Mordac85 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:02 pm

Agreed. I don't mind them asking and letting me set my preferences, but if I opt-out don't nag me on every new page. I'm not going to enable it. I've also noticed new shows are slow to get setup. Not sure how that process works but I think if they needed help they could ask and get plenty of volunteers.

loyis7

Postby loyis7 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:40 am

From the day i started this thread (Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:27 am), 2 months have passed already and nothing has changed yet !!!
NOTHING AT ALL...

As i stated in the name of this thread "THIS DATABASE/WEBSITE/FORUM IS DEAD PEOPLE......"

Sad, but true by the looks of it...

Head over to The Movie Database (TMDb) guys, where everything works and the admins/mods/etc are NOT like the ones we have here (and by that, i mean that they are nowhere to be seen, heard of, or change anything around here)...
Top Contributor to Blu-Ray.com
Major Contributor to TheMovieDB
My Movie Trailers channel in YouTube
My Movie Trailers group in Facebook

rev.pragon

Postby rev.pragon » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:55 pm

Sooo you are here since November 18. Very long Time i see.
You have one pending Request.
The Rest is a Welcome Thread and a little bit complainig, of course in this Thread.
And now you´re complaining about the Staff and the Way the Requests get handled and call Users to change the Sites.
Am i overseing something?

I´m sorry that your one and only Request hasn´t been handled yet but you will hopefully understand that adding a Language to a 5 Season long Series will take some Time and most of the Mod´s here doesn´t have it. Because they are adding Translations to a Handfull of Series and do other Things too. As a Contributor you should understand. Your Request is one of Hundreds in a very long List and it will get handled. But not yet, and not with this Altitude. But feel free to change the Sites.
No Support via PN. Read the Rules.

loyis7

Postby loyis7 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:15 am

rev.pragon wrote:Sooo you are here since November 18. Very long Time i see.
You have one pending Request.
The Rest is a Welcome Thread and a little bit complainig, of course in this Thread.
And now you´re complaining about the Staff and the Way the Requests get handled and call Users to change the Sites.
Am i overseing something?

I´m sorry that your one and only Request hasn´t been handled yet but you will hopefully understand that adding a Language to a 5 Season long Series will take some Time and most of the Mod´s here doesn´t have it. Because they are adding Translations to a Handfull of Series and do other Things too. As a Contributor you should understand. Your Request is one of Hundreds in a very long List and it will get handled. But not yet, and not with this Altitude. But feel free to change the Sites.

You're kidding me right...???
This is one of these posts, that has alot in them, but say nothing at all...!!!

But let me answer you, anyway in some of what you say:

1) You write: "Sooo you are here since November 18. Very long Time i see."
I answer: I am using your website database since AGES! You don't need to have a forum account to make changes on the database, you do know that right? And i didn't needed a forum account because in the old days, you could make changes EVERYWHERE. Not like now, that you can't do changes NOWHERE! So, i say again, there was NO NEED for me to create or have a forum account, but i am using the database and make changes, maybe even before you do...!

2) You write: "I´m sorry that your one and only Request hasn't been handled yet."
I answer: You wanted me to make a second request, when my first one hasn't be answered YET...??? What's the point in that...?
When all of YOUR admin/mod team show me disrespect, by simply ignoring my work, time, and effort, for months and months, and when i READ EVERY DAMN POST AROUND HERE by all the users, saying how pathetic this situation is, and NOTHING EVER CHANGES, NOTHING EVER HAPPENS, when i ask over and over and over again for the admin/mods/etc to give me privileges so i can do it myself and they just ignore me, then do you seriously expect me to ask a second time, a second request...? Do you see a sign saying "@ss O" in my forehead or something...???

3) You write: "but you will hopefully understand that adding a Language to a 5 Season long Series will take some Time and most of the Mod´s here doesn´t have it."
I answer: Did you even read how i started this thread ??? By the looks of it, i think you didn't even bother to read NOTHING AT ALL...!
I wrote, MANY TIMES, in a lot of different threads, ASKING to do the job you're referring to as "will take some Time and most of the Mod´s here doesn´t have it", to let ME do it, because exactly i HAD time...! But that point, you deliberately avoided it, right ??? IF ALL OF YOU MODS DON'T HAVE TIME FOR OUR REQUESTS, THEN GO HOME, AND LET OTHER PEOPLE LIKE ME AND OTHERS WHO ARE ASKING FOR IT, TO WORK IN YOUR PLACES INSTEAD...!!!!!!!!! That is the whole point of this situation !!! That THIS database looks like a graveyard exactly because, people like YOU and any MOD like you, don't have time for us and our requests, and on the other hand you don't let people THAT DO HAVE TIME, to step in your places and do their part...!!!!!!

4) You write: "As a Contributor you should understand. Your Request is one of Hundreds in a very long List and it will get handled."
I answer: NO, i don't understand it...!!! I am a contributor to MANY other places as you might have read about me, and MUCH SUPERIOR that this database website. I say to you, that this is the FIRST time, i have encountered this situation. A database which depends by its users, to NOT LETTING it's users contribute. A situation that everyone knows about how much PROBLEMATIC it is, and NOTHING AT ALL happens to change that...! My request is one of hundreds ? Yes it is... But only because YOU, the ADMINS, and the MODS have let it happen. I challenge you ALL, to unlock ALL of the titles in the database for people to contribute (as it should always be), and i bet you what ever you want, that the problem of delay you are referring to, would be solved in just a few days......! Do you dare to accept my challenge...? I think not, because it will prove who is right and who is wrong...

So the conclusion is the one i pointed out in the first place..., THIS DATABASE/WEBSITE/FORUM IS DEAD PEOPLE......
And that is, because all of YOU (Admins / mods / etc) let it happen (die)......
Top Contributor to Blu-Ray.com
Major Contributor to TheMovieDB
My Movie Trailers channel in YouTube
My Movie Trailers group in Facebook

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Postby Imzadi » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:16 am

So, it's dead. Why are you still here?

rev.pragon

Postby rev.pragon » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:30 am

Honestly i´ve thought about your Posts a few Minutes and i´ve wrote something to this. But then i thought, what for?

We know what we´re doing and we know what the Adminteam is doing. It´s more than you think and ever will know. I hope you come down a little bit, overthink the Way you talk to People, maybe think a little bit more about the Situation WE (yeah the Mods and Admins) are and maybe the imaginary
"@ss O" in my forehead
will turn into a Light.

bluesquirrel

Postby bluesquirrel » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:20 pm

Though the post by @loyis7 can be jarring, I do have to agree with most of his comments.

So, it's dead. Why are you still here?

I on occasion pop in, in the hopes of some new revelation for the site. "Blah, Blah site has been released which solves all reported issues!" is what I am looking for. Instead I see the usual requests being left to age, and posts like the ones above. But I don't edit here anymore, I have fully moved over to TMDB.

@rev.pragron, Congratulations on becoming a mod, its been a long time coming. (I just noticed a few minutes ago). I would dearly love to know what the admin team is doing. Could you possibly share? This is a user supported site, so to keep us in the dark is unfair and devastating to user confidence, which you have to agree is almost non-existent.

Looking at the achievements by @ loyis7 in his signature, why wouldn't you want someone like that on the admin team???? If he has the time and motivation, stop knocking and mocking him and just promote him.

rev.pragon

Postby rev.pragon » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:35 pm

Congratulations on becoming a mod, its been a long time coming. (I just noticed a few minutes ago). I would dearly love to know what the admin team is doing. Could you possibly share? This is a user supported site, so to keep us in the dark is unfair and devastating to user confidence, which you have to agree is almost non-existent.

Thank you. Yeah it was a long Time.

Unfortunately i can´t share any Information. This has it´s Reasons and i know this isn´t satisfying you and/or everyone else but it is the Admin´s Duty and Responsibility to give Informations to their Users and not my Business. When the Time will come it will come. Leaving the Users in the Dark is something i also very dislike, but again, it´s not my Duty and i can´t override the decision the Admin(s) made.

Looking at the achievements by @ loyis7 in his signature, why wouldn't you want someone like that on the admin team???? If he has the time and motivation, stop knocking and mocking him and just promote him.

It is not my Decision who´s gonna get a Mod and who´s not. Contributing Data since Years to the Database but have an Forumaccount for a couple of Weeks and a few Posts doesn´t qualify someone automatically as a Mod. The most I, or others can do is suggest someone.

bluesquirrel

Postby bluesquirrel » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:46 pm

Thanks @rev.pragon :)

Mistywing

Postby Mistywing » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:43 pm

For those that wish to remain on this dead database/website/forum, given this public facing post I'll put emphasis on it here as well.
Things are still happening, I am sure that the new moderators have been noticed already for example. Hopefully soon we will also all have better tools and methods to employ.