I want to be a moderator

Discussion about the website and interfaces.
Report general bugs here.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SERIES REQUESTS HERE.
Use the appropriate forum.
Requests posted here are subject to immediate deletion.
norrbak

I want to be a moderator

Postby norrbak » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:04 pm

Dear moderators and administrators.
Recently, the small bug on the new version of the web that allowed us to modify some locked episodes have been fixed.
I'm very happy since the launch of the new site because this bug allowed me to make lot of correct translations in my local language. This period of time is the period in which I have most contributed to thetvdb.com with difference. I was very happy by contributing to enhance the best TV show database on the internet for my local language.

Now that the bug is corrected, it is not possible to update translations on locked episodes. I understand it because there is a lot of vandalism on the site everyday. I would like to ask you if is possible to become a moderator so I can continue help to translate series to my local language and fix some information.

It is possible to have this privilege? If you want, I can work on some series, so you can analize my work. I was working right now on Ducktales and Big Hero 6 in spanish, for example.

If is possible, please let me know. I really want to help a lot to the database.
Thank you.

rev.pragon
Trusted Translator

Re: I want to be a moderator

Postby rev.pragon » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:10 am

Becomeing a Moderator need some Time of Experience. Translating some Shows won´t let you get a Moderator. I´m doing these since some Years. You have to make an Request and wait. Use local nfo Files to manage your Mediasystem if you want to have this the way you want and do the Changhes when the Series is unlocked or a Mod have made the requested Changes.

eherberg

Postby eherberg » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:00 am

Current Admins/Mods do need to explore the possibility of adding some more. With the number of active mods dwindling, perhaps some contact of trusted members (or an interview process) would be needed to get us back on track. I know I've got old requests of 30 web clips added as 'episodes' that need deleting still pending. The increase of locked series has left some series with new episodes not getting updated even though the requests have been made in the forums. This is primarily affecting tracking sites/apps like Trakt and TVTime which now don't show correct upcoming episodes.

While we're wishing, I would also wish for the incorporation of some kind of series-level trusted contributor: Series that could be locked for editing with the exception of certain individuals. I've been in threads where 2-3 of us are pretty familiar with a program as regular viewers -- any one of us could be used as series caretakers. I suspect norrbak's request would fall more into the 'caretaker' role than a full-fledged mod role.

rev.pragon
Trusted Translator

Postby rev.pragon » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:41 am

an Idea of a special Status of Users how can modify even locked Translations was discussed some Time ago before v1.5 was online. But thinking of the Amount of things that has to be made till the Page is fully functional something like that wouldn´t come so fast. I have Requests pending since over a year and i´m not the only one. Users requesting a Mod/Special Status is not the first time but i´m looking forward for something like that.

norrbak

Postby norrbak » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:19 pm

Agree with you eherberg, caretaker is a good description ;)

If implementing a new special role for this possible collaborator status is a technical problem, I'm very sure that a small amount of collaborators with moderator privilegies would only use their powers to work in translations and corrections. If they are aware that thetvdb is only giving them that status to translate content and correct series, they will be ok and they would comply with the rules.

Is it possible for thetvdb to think about it? I would offer myself and I would respect all the rules imposed to me. I think it's something necessary so that thetvdb can be always updated and it could be the best TV database that exists. Many series have the translations done poorly, half or nonexistent. I would love to be able to help! :)

szsori
Site Admin

Postby szsori » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:31 pm

v2 of the site has series-specific moderators, which get full moderator access but only to specific series. I believe we should also look at some form of translator role that can modify the translations on any records without touching the rest of the information.

norrbak

Postby norrbak » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:30 pm

szsori wrote:v2 of the site has series-specific moderators, which get full moderator access but only to specific series. I believe we should also look at some form of translator role that can modify the translations on any records without touching the rest of the information.

I would be very interested in this translation role and to access as moderator to specific series. Please count on me ;) ;) :) What should I do?
Thanks.

rev.pragon
Trusted Translator

Postby rev.pragon » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:06 am

be patient and collect Experince by adding on Shows which aren´t unlocked and providing Data in the Forum for locked Shows. Before v2 isn´t online there will be no specific change.

ben_ten

Postby ben_ten » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:18 am

i think owning a NAS server would be a good reason why somebody should get a moderator
hahaa

loyis7

Postby loyis7 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:01 am

I asked for the same thing in a thread i made here (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=52146), explaining my expertise and background in the field of movie/series database websites. I am not someone with no knowledge about such things, or with no moderator experience, or even a moderator with specific capabilities and freedoms. On the contrary! I also send private messages to ALL of the Admins and Moderators in here asking about it (around 30 different people i sent pm's), and not even 1 of them answered me back with anything at all...! Not even a word...!

Please consider it, on giving me a special role with moderator privileges for GREEK TRANSLATIONS or REQUESTS on the titles, as i am Greek, and i want to help, and i have a experience background on movie/series databases.

Thanks.
Top Contributor to Blu-Ray.com
Major Contributor to TheMovieDB
My Movie Trailers channel in YouTube
My Movie Trailers group in Facebook