Is this forum dead?

Discussion about the website and interfaces.
Report general bugs here.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SERIES REQUESTS HERE.
Use the appropriate forum.
Requests posted here are subject to immediate deletion.
elebe11y

Is this forum dead?

Postby elebe11y » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:26 am

Hi y'all.

Or the 4 registered users that are online at pretty much any given time I log in here, it seems.

No shade, but shade. Is the forums dead? I never see any administrators or global moderators on the "who's online" thing.

I mean TVDb is pretty great and all, the db is pretty dope (kinda) but are the admins on holiday? (Just curious) :)

Is this normal?

(This post is kinda rude, but I'm just curious what you guys have to say, are the forums not a big part of the tvdb community? I feel like its much more "no chit chat, just business"?)

rev.pragon
Trusted Translator

Re: Is this forum dead?

Postby rev.pragon » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:20 pm

I´ve didn´t seen some of the Mods here in the last months. Some of them weren´t online this year and only a few times last year. I don´t know why they are still Mods but ok. Some others are still very active. The Admins seems to have other things to do. I don´t see much of them. Only respons to some of the Shows but nothing about the programming in the Background or the Status on the Main site. This is what makes me more angry, they didn´t even response on pn´s. Most of the Users here are asking about some changes on some shows or asking about the site slowness. Imho since the v2 has come up, most of the Forumactivity slowed down. I try to check it every day, mostly every 2-3 days. But there are not so much things i could answer. But hey, try to write an Admin. I´m sure you will get no answer.

bluesquirrel

Postby bluesquirrel » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:22 pm

Forum is a ghost town.

I would be interested to know if the edits on the main site are also down. I have not done any in the last few months... it is all too difficult. And most of the edits I want to make are on locked shows, so no chance of getting them opened, or a mod to make the edits for me.

lopek

Postby lopek » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:20 am

Totally agree with what has been said. I think the admins/developers need to make a statement about their intentions.

As I am sure most are aware, right now:
  1. The website is ridiculously slow & inefficient to use.
  2. v2 of the website lost loads of functionality & is full of bugs with no fixes at all since launch
  3. This forum has hundreds of unanswered threads for corrections/deletions etc. with very little being actioned
If the admins & developers have decided to move on & no longer wish to manage the site they should make that clear so people stop wasting their time contributing - or hand the site over to people who are still interested in making it work.

If not, they need to at the very least get on top of the forum & action all the issues have been raised. Have some respect for the people who work to make the database what it is.