Site slowness

Discussion about the website and interfaces.
Report general bugs here.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SERIES REQUESTS HERE.
Use the appropriate forum.
Requests posted here are subject to immediate deletion.
nobrumski

Re: Site slowness

Postby nobrumski » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:46 pm

They really need to offer the old site as an option to add shows and do updates. It is so slow and frustrating I am also starting to create local nfos. I went to update a show and of course it takes me 2-3 minutes to login again. Then I hit search and I get a 503.

The new site is pretty, but I don't care about pretty when I am trying to quickly update multiple shows.

annomatik

Postby annomatik » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:56 pm

Unfortunatelly, I don't think that would help too much as both would run on the same servers / internet connection. Remembering the last weeks / months of the old site, the old site had even more problems and was even less responsive.

Maybe it would be possible to seperate db server, the web api and the web site used to enter / update data or at least reserve bandwith for the web site part or something.

Daskarzine

Postby Daskarzine » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:02 pm

Adding series and episodes is SUPER QUICK today!! Hope it stays like this! No we just need an 'Add New Episode' button after adding an episode so we don't need to go back to the start!!

lopek

Postby lopek » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:46 pm

Daskarzine wrote:Adding series and episodes is SUPER QUICK today!! Hope it stays like this! No we just need an 'Add New Episode' button after adding an episode so we don't need to go back to the start!!

It's Thanksgiving in the US so the server load will be much lower due to Turkey eating etc. It'll be back to 30 second waits & 503s tomorrow!

Daskarzine

Postby Daskarzine » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:32 pm

aaahhh, that would explain it....

annomatik

Postby annomatik » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:56 pm

Right now, thetvdb.com for me is slower than ever. In the past weeks, there were a couple of 503s, some waiting. But today. I get tons of 503s and also cloudflare errors, often, I have to try multiple times to get one single screen to save. With the "new" site gui, adding tv shows now takes apparently forever...

szsori
Site Admin

Postby szsori » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:04 pm

The site had a bug that was causing issues with speed, but I resolved that earlier this weekend. Before it happened I was getting 10-15 second page loads, 503 errors, and some other issues. But once I fixed the bug the site load times went to 2-3 seconds, which is well within the target range. I've been working on the site all day and haven't gotten a single 503 error.

I can look into it further if you let me know what record you were editing and what web browser you're using. But overall the site seems to be performing quite well now that the bug is fixed.

szsori
Site Admin

Postby szsori » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:08 pm

Oh, and with regard to this:

Maybe it would be possible to seperate db server, the web api and the web site used to enter / update data or at least reserve bandwith for the web site part or something.

We have multiple DB servers, including a read-only one used for the API, as well as multiple load balanced reverse proxies and nginx servers. In general our infrastructure does reasonably given the amount of traffic that's thrown at it, but there's always room for improvement, most of which will come once we switch to the v2.0 of the site.

annomatik

Postby annomatik » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:34 pm

Cool, thanks. Well, thetvdb.com is the standard for tv shows, so many people are using it :-)

Currently creating "Boom my Room", multiple 503 / 504 errors per save on each screen, even got a "too many DB connections" thrown in.

Link: https://www.thetvdb.com/series/boom-my-room/seasons/2

By the way, since switching to 2.0, the API (Kodi Scrapping) has been performing really well, thanks!

Web-Browser: Google Chrome 70.0.3538.102 64bit on Windows 7.

annomatik

Postby annomatik » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:43 pm

Ah, I don't want to jinx it, but it seems to work fast now. Thanks :-)