Site slowness

Discussion about the website and interfaces.
Report general bugs here.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SERIES REQUESTS HERE.
Use the appropriate forum.
Requests posted here are subject to immediate deletion.
malbee

Re: Site slowness

Postby malbee » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:20 pm

The API seems to be OK, TV Rename is not experiencing slowness, it looks like just the website while updating shows.
I see there is another "Site Slowness" thread https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35963&start=60 which also does not have any recognition from the Mods addressing the current occurrence

Mistywing

Postby Mistywing » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:06 pm

I think those of us here more regularly are aware (I certainly am) but, speaking only for myself, I can't do anything about this as this seems purely an administration thing to take care of.

rev.pragon
Trusted Translator

Postby rev.pragon » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:44 pm

Well then, at least one of the Admins could give an opinion...

bluesquirrel

Postby bluesquirrel » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:57 pm

Yep, I know you (Mistywing), rev.pragon and darklightindigo are "just" mods and fixes are out of your reach, but a flow of information from the "fixers" to you mods, to us would be nice. And that is what is severely lacking in this forum.

There are just so many unresolved issues that it is beyond belief.

FWIW, yesterday afternoon the site was speedy again, but haven't had a need to get on there today, so don't know if it is ok today.

rev.pragon
Trusted Translator

Postby rev.pragon » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:24 am

Sry i´m not a Mod. Just Trusted Translator. If i were a Mod i hope i would have more Information about that but as far as i can see the Mods just don´t know more then the others.

bluesquirrel

Postby bluesquirrel » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:53 pm

No problems rev.pragon. It is a shame the site is run this way.

So, I have had cause to use the site again today, and NO change. What is worse is that I was not surprised.

rev.pragon
Trusted Translator

Postby rev.pragon » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:02 am

I´ve wrote the Admins because this ignorance of absolutely no Response makes me really angry. I´m pretty sure the messages will stay unanswered (at the moment not even delivered) but let´s wait.

annomatik

Postby annomatik » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:10 am

Thanks. Just a me too here -- during the evening hours, the web interface (thetvdb.com) is very slow, almost unusable, with frequent errors thrown in.

On the other hand, for the rest of the day, both the web interface and the web-api (Kodi scrapper) are very fast for me.

I'm located in Europe.

Daskarzine

Postby Daskarzine » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:04 pm

It's all soooooo slow. Love this site and what it does, but it's gotten to the stage where it can't go on like this or people will stop updating things? I've tried different browsers, different computers, all the same, super slow and timeouts....

sp1ti

Postby sp1ti » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:49 pm

Daskarzine wrote:Love this site and what it does, but it's gotten to the stage where it can't go on like this or people will stop updating things?

It's already gotten to that stage... myself included. And not to offend the mods (it's more a compliment I guess) but I saw a lot more bad images on the site and content that would have otherwise been deleted which just reflects the current state. At one point I made a tool to compare how sh#t TMDB's TVDB was but now I'm thinking about ways to more easily preserve the content over there instead.

@rev.pragon: While they at somepoint read the PMs I have never gotten a reply. Not during the last time (when they were posting in the forums after the fact at least) nor in regards to other questions.