How to add concrete language images?

Discussion about the website and interfaces.
Report general bugs here.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SERIES REQUESTS HERE.
Use the appropriate forum.
Requests posted here are subject to immediate deletion.
soyelrafa

How to add concrete language images?

Postby soyelrafa » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:06 am

Hello!

I added spanish translation to Overwatch's season 1 (https://www.thetvdb.com/series/overwatch/seasons/1). However I see that the episode cover of all episodes are in english. I want to add their official spanish cover to the spanish translation, but I don't know how to do it. Anyone could show me how to do it?

I see the option to Add/Replace image, but I suspect that option will replace the image for all languages....

Regards.

rev.pragon
Trusted Translator

Re: How to add concrete language images?

Postby rev.pragon » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:28 am

No images will be replaced. When adding aa Artwork you can also select for what Language you want to upload it.

soyelrafa

Postby soyelrafa » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:39 am

Hello, thanks for your answer. However, Artwork is for the complete season, no?

I mean for example to change the cover for this episode: https://www.thetvdb.com/series/overwatc ... es/5673315

The episode is "Recall" and the name is on the image. When I select Spanish I want to see this image instead that: Image

If I select the option you say, I can't choose what episode I want to modify. And inside the episode I can't see that option.

In any case thanks for your answer!

Regards.

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Postby Imzadi » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:48 am

Episode image shouldn't contain any text at all, and the picture you linked is not allowed. Title cards like that are in general not allowed. If you you provide textless screenshots, we can replace them.

soyelrafa

Postby soyelrafa » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:47 am

Imzadi wrote:Episode image shouldn't contain any text at all, and the picture you linked is not allowed. Title cards like that are in general not allowed. If you you provide textless screenshots, we can replace them.

Perfect! I made them, however now I see that they aren't cropped (they have black stripes). Should I crop them?

I mean, they are like this image (I get it from google):

Regards

rev.pragon
Trusted Translator

Postby rev.pragon » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:04 pm

ok i didn´t know you want to add images for the Episodes itself. There yo ucan´t select any Language. Only for Posters, Fanarts etc...

no, cropping isn´t allowed. may you can make one by yourself and then resize it from, for example 1920*1080 -> 400*225...please no black bars on the tops and like in your picture...

soyelrafa

Postby soyelrafa » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:38 pm

rev.pragon wrote:ok i didn´t know you want to add images for the Episodes itself. There yo ucan´t select any Language. Only for Posters, Fanarts etc...

no, cropping isn´t allowed. may you can make one by yourself and then resize it from, for example 1920*1080 -> 400*225...please no black bars on the tops and like in your picture...

Hello, thanks for your answer but sorry, I don't understand you. You said that cropping isn't allowed, but then you said that I should not include black bars on the image. How can I make that without cropping? Please note that original videos have those black stripes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3WhdXPaUd8

I can only figure out three solutions:

-Upload image with black stripes, with a size of 400x225.

-Upload image without black stripes, with a size of 400x200 (it's an example, I don't know exactly the size of the black stripes), respecting original aspect ratio.

-Upload image without black stripes, with a size of 400x225, so will don't respect original aspect ratio (will be stretched, exagerated example:)

Every scenario I propose has their pros and cons, so I don't know what should I choose or if there is a perfect scenario that I don't know.

Regards.

rev.pragon
Trusted Translator

Postby rev.pragon » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:50 am

i´m not familiar with that series, i thought it was stretched by youtube or anything else. ok, if it had the black bars then i think nothing speak against it.

soyelrafa

Postby soyelrafa » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:48 pm

rev.pragon wrote:i´m not familiar with that series, i thought it was stretched by youtube or anything else. ok, if it had the black bars then i think nothing speak against it.

Perfect.

Just last question, how I share them? I tried to add them as attachments, but gives an error that says they can't be uploaded...

Regards.