Season ID

Discussion about the website and interfaces.
Report general bugs here.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SERIES REQUESTS HERE.
Use the appropriate forum.
Requests posted here are subject to immediate deletion.
tuvx

Season ID

Postby tuvx » Tue May 29, 2018 8:00 pm

With the new site, I cannot see the Season ID for a particular show. As an example, Family Guy Season 1 used to have the link https://www.thetvdb.com/?id=181117&seas ... ab=episode where you would see Season 1 has an ID of 9512. Unfortunately this URL format is no longer in use, so where do I find the Season ID?

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Re: Season ID

Postby DarklightIndigo » Tue May 29, 2018 10:55 pm

Uhhh... what?
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

tuvx

Postby tuvx » Wed May 30, 2018 9:09 am

It was not meant to be a challenging question. But let me try rephrasing so you can understand, how do you determine the identification number for a single season of a show? easier to understand?

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Wed May 30, 2018 11:25 am

I'm pretty sure that was all changed over to the more linear Series, Season format rather than arbitrary Season IDs... I'm confused over why you'd be locked in to the old format.

tuvx

Postby tuvx » Wed May 30, 2018 7:54 pm

Why does anyone want anything on this site? I don't care about the format the website uses; if you read the question and stopped trying to be a philosopher, maybe you would read I want the Season ID. If they are no longer used, say so; if you don't know, don't reply.

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Wed May 30, 2018 8:49 pm

The Season ID is linear now, it wasn't a philosophical question.
The old format probably won't be returning because it was arbitrary, at best.
Some legacy applications may still be using it, so it's critical to tell them now.
Thank you for your question and kind patience in receiving an appropriate reply.

tuvx

Postby tuvx » Thu May 31, 2018 2:36 pm

I rebuilt my library in Emby, and most all of the TV Shows are showing S## for the Season name as opposed to "Season ##". The (Emby) developers stated it is because the "season" info was not being matched (yet the show and episodes are). In Emby, you specify metadata downloaders for Series, Season, and Episodes. Oddly, TheTVDB is selected for both Series and Episode, but not an option for Season data. Instead I have TheMovieDB for Season info (the only option).

Family Guy actually did populate correctly (used "Season #" as the season names); and when reviewing the metadata it lists an external ID of "TheTVDB" = 9512. I googled "family guy 9512 site:thetvdb.com"; one of the results was a link using your old style, and so thought the IDs were still active.

When you say it is now linear, does that mean they are inherited from the Show ID and that Season IDs are no longer available?

This issue is obviously with Emby, but I am just trying to see if maybe they did try and pull Season info from TheTVDB but it only worked for some shows. Are the previously used Season IDs, like 9512, still in your db?

bluesquirrel

Postby bluesquirrel » Thu May 31, 2018 4:24 pm

Seasons are virtual. They are picked up from the file name... SxxExx then a season is created within Kodi (or whatever you are using). It doesn't actually go hunting for Season information from any site.

tuvx

Postby tuvx » Thu May 31, 2018 5:31 pm

I would have thought too, but the nfo files being created are populating the title ("Season #"), release date, premiered, and tvdbid so it got the info from someplace. It seems the 9512 ID did somehow come from TheTVDB.

tuvx

Postby tuvx » Thu May 31, 2018 5:41 pm

Turns out the metadata is grabbed TMDB, and on their end they were providing the TVDB ID I saw in the nfo file.