Not A Request

Discussion about the website and interfaces.
Report general bugs here.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SERIES REQUESTS HERE.
Use the appropriate forum.
Requests posted here are subject to immediate deletion.
macshanemike

Not A Request

Postby macshanemike » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:31 pm

Hi

With all of David Attenborough's docos, would it be possible to consider a joining into 1 mega series? It seems stupid but smart at the same time, The only issue I can see would be the specials. I have often found that most of his docs are between 1 and 5 episodes and 1 to 3 specials. He has done a lot of shows and who can say they have not enjoyed them. Right now on my media server it looks like 20-30 seperate shows but joining them would make it only 1 with the seasons being the individual shows, unless there is a way to create mini specials inside the main seasons?

Just a thought and wanted to see if it could be done

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Re: Not A Request

Postby DarklightIndigo » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:35 pm

You might be better served by tagging and utilising the Actor/Artist and Genre fields than by attempting to form a meta-series where there isn't a viable franchise, as such.

Of course, this varies by device, but it brought some sanity to having to deal with Samsung AllShare.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

macshanemike

Postby macshanemike » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:58 pm

The annoying thing at the moment is Plex puts Docos into the tv field instead of having it's own sort. It means it get mixed in with everything else and you forget it's there. That's the main reason behind the idea in that it would be only one showing up and choosing the season you show you want to watch based on the show

macshanemike

Postby macshanemike » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:07 pm

I Know you can add a seperate field for Docos in plex but that's more messy than just putting a certain creator into a mega collection as I am fine with docos in my plex tv cat just with bigger creators it creates alot of individual shows