Question Regarding Shows That Never Went to DVD

Discussion about the website and interfaces.
Report general bugs here.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SERIES REQUESTS HERE.
Use the appropriate forum.
Requests posted here are subject to immediate deletion.
Asthuran

Question Regarding Shows That Never Went to DVD

Postby Asthuran » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:53 am

Mornin all,

I've been searching for an older show that aired in Canada around 2002-2003 called 2030 CE for quite a few years now. It was just a childhood show I'd like to check out again, but there is barely any information about it on the internet, and between all of that limited information, there's nowhere I can go to purchase or view any of the episodes.

So, for a show that is in that kind of situation, is there any way you can go about trying to find or watch it, or is it just gone?

Thanks!

Coco
Site Admin

Re: Question Regarding Shows That Never Went to DVD

Postby Coco » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:52 am

YTV has a bunch of old kid shows in this position. Basically all you can do is bug YTV to release it. Sites like tvshowondvd.com were setup mainly to try and draw attention to shows like these and prompt a release but getting support for old kids shows most people don't remember is going to be challenging.

youtube usually has at least a couple episodes from shows like these posted in low quality as well but that's about the best you'll find.
Please don't PM me. Post in the forums instead unless there is a very good reason for a PM or I won't respond.

Asthuran

Postby Asthuran » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:59 am

Haha yeah I've searched for it on youtube but there's only one person with part of an episode up there, and that person hasn't responded in years unfortunately.

That's really unfortunate that the chance of being able to see this one in particular is slim to none, hopefully it will turn up eventually.

Thanks for the reply though nonetheless!

danyboy666

Postby danyboy666 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:08 pm

Sadly these are the only years I don't have a TV Guide source. I would have love to help you out with this.

Asthuran

Postby Asthuran » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:11 pm

Haha I don't even know if a TV guide source would be able to help me on this one, this show is like the dinosaurs, extinct and buried beneath an ice age!

I appreciate the sentiment though (:

danyboy666

Postby danyboy666 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:10 pm

Yeah i've had lots of luck reconstructed rare series based on those guides so I went and checked if i could do it for this one. Sadly the only years actually i'm missing tv guide scans are the same years your show was aired...

Asthuran

Postby Asthuran » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:28 pm

Haha go figure, that's just my luck! I've been keeping an eye out for this series for around 6 years now but it is definitely one of the rarer ones!

I do appreciate you taking the time to check your tv guide scans though, it looks like the powers that be want my never ending search to continue haha (:

danyboy666

Postby danyboy666 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:33 am

You're welcome. Keep searching you might get lucky someday :)

Asthuran

Re: Question Regarding Shows That Never Went to DVD (2030 CE)

Postby Asthuran » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:48 pm

Big shout out to a guy named Jason. Sent me an email last night saying he has 10 episodes that he's willing to send my way.

May only be 10 episodes, but that's more progress than I've made in the past 6 years.

Thanks again man, I shall owe you a life debt! :P Now let's just hope the powers that be are kind enough to let me find the rest of them one day and return the favor!

Word Chameleon

Postby Word Chameleon » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:35 am

I've been looking for this series for years. It had remained the most elusive of all TV series I've sought after.
But yes, I remember it well.
This year episode summaries were put up.

http://epguides.com/2030CE/