2.0 Beta Discussion

Discussion about the website and interfaces.
Report general bugs here.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SERIES REQUESTS HERE.
Use the appropriate forum.
Requests posted here are subject to immediate deletion.
DarklightIndigo
Leo of the East Bay

Re: 2.0 Beta Discussion

Postby DarklightIndigo » Sun May 14, 2017 10:16 pm

This could've been clarified better.
The open beta is effectively the soft launch of the new site.
The more people test it out and report bugs, the sooner v2 can properly hit primetime.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

Ibuprophen

Postby Ibuprophen » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:06 pm

I tried to activate my account via the new "http://platypus.thetvdb.com" website.

I received the activation email and when I had attempted to activate the account by pressing the activation link as well as copying and pasting the URL provided within the email and neither of them had worked.

The following information is what the both reflected:
(please note that i had attempted to attach the following information and was not successful)

Whoops, looks like something went wrong.
1/1 ReflectionException in Container.php line 779: Class TheTVDB\Http\Controllers\Auth/AuthController does not exist

in Container.php line 779
at ReflectionClass->__construct('TheTVDB\Http\Controllers\Auth/AuthController') in Container.php line 779
at Container->build('TheTVDB\Http\Controllers\Auth/AuthController', array()) in Container.php line 659
at Container->make('TheTVDB\Http\Controllers\Auth/AuthController', array()) in Application.php line 644
at Application->make('TheTVDB\Http\Controllers\Auth/AuthController') in ControllerDispatcher.php line 83
at ControllerDispatcher->makeController('TheTVDB\Http\Controllers\Auth/AuthController') in ControllerDispatcher.php line 54
at ControllerDispatcher->dispatch(object(Route), object(Request), 'TheTVDB\Http\Controllers\Auth/AuthController', 'ActivateUserAccount') in Route.php line 204
at Route->runWithCustomDispatcher(object(Request)) in Route.php line 134
at Route->run(object(Request)) in Router.php line 701
at Router->Illuminate\Routing\{closure}(object(Request))
at call_user_func(object(Closure), object(Request)) in Pipeline.php line 141
at Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}(object(Request))
at call_user_func(object(Closure), object(Request)) in Pipeline.php line 101
at Pipeline->then(object(Closure)) in Router.php line 703
at Router->runRouteWithinStack(object(Route), object(Request)) in Router.php line 670
at Router->dispatchToRoute(object(Request)) in Router.php line 628
at Router->dispatch(object(Request)) in Kernel.php line 214
at Kernel->Illuminate\Foundation\Http\{closure}(object(Request))
at Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}(object(Request)) in VerifyCsrfToken.php line 43
at VerifyCsrfToken->handle(object(Request), object(Closure)) in VerifyCsrfToken.php line 17
at VerifyCsrfToken->handle(object(Request), object(Closure)) in Pipeline.php line 125
at Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}(object(Request)) in ShareErrorsFromSession.php line 55
at ShareErrorsFromSession->handle(object(Request), object(Closure)) in Pipeline.php line 125
at Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}(object(Request)) in StartSession.php line 61
at StartSession->handle(object(Request), object(Closure)) in Pipeline.php line 125
at Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}(object(Request)) in AddQueuedCookiesToResponse.php line 36
at AddQueuedCookiesToResponse->handle(object(Request), object(Closure)) in Pipeline.php line 125
at Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}(object(Request)) in EncryptCookies.php line 40
at EncryptCookies->handle(object(Request), object(Closure)) in Pipeline.php line 125
at Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}(object(Request)) in CheckForMaintenanceMode.php line 42
at CheckForMaintenanceMode->handle(object(Request), object(Closure)) in Pipeline.php line 125
at Pipeline->then(object(Closure)) in Kernel.php line 115
at Kernel->sendRequestThroughRouter(object(Request)) in Kernel.php line 84
at Kernel->handle(object(Request)) in index.php line 53

Thank You for your time and understanding.

MrsAngelD

Postby MrsAngelD » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:15 am

Having played around the beta site, which is pretty awesome looking, I did notice one "feature" missing that the current site has. There seems to be no way to view all episodes on one page. This can come in handy when your looking for a particular episode and you're not sure which season it's in. Currently you can can view All episodes and ctrl+F to search the page for the episode name, unless I'm missing something I don't see that on the new site.

Just thought I would mention it.

Coco
Site Admin

Postby Coco » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:37 am

We likely won't do that because it's much more confusing with the new site. The current site if you enter an episode into a season, it's in that season no matter what ordering method you use. With the new site that isn't necessarily true. We allow for multiple different orderings and not all episodes are necessarily included in all the different ordering options. This covers issue with people complaining about double length episodes being entered as one or two episodes as well as a few other possible issues.

The down side to the new features is there's no good way to list all episodes on a single page. There's going to be issues with the same episode being entered multiple times and the order to display them in gets very unclear with more complicated series. If we include an all episodes button it'll ultimately confuse a lot of people as the list would contain duplicates and appear to be out of order.

On the bright side the new site does support searching by episode name. So if you're looking for an episode by name just do a full site search instead of using ctrl-f.
Please don't PM me. Post in the forums instead unless there is a very good reason for a PM or I won't respond.

counterfit

Postby counterfit » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:45 pm

I added a show, but now I can't seem to add a season or episodes to it. Clicking on Unassigned results in this:

Code: Select all

Whoops, looks like something went wrong.

1/1
ErrorException in LockSeries.php line 76:
Trying to get property of non-object
in LockSeries.php line 76
at HandleExceptions->handleError('8', 'Trying to get property of non-object', '/var/www/platypus/app/Http/Middleware/LockSeries.php', '76', array('request' => object(Request), 'next' => object(Closure), 'route' => 'season-edit', 'series_slug' => 'akagami_no_shirayuki_hime', 'x' => array('series', 'akagami_no_shirayuki_hime', 'seasons', 'official', 'unassigned', 'edit'), 'seasontype' => 'official', 'seasonnumber' => 'unassigned', 'season' => null)) in LockSeries.php line 76
at LockSeries->handle(object(Request), object(Closure)) in Pipeline.php line 125
at Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}(object(Request)) in Authenticate.php line 47
at Authenticate->handle(object(Request), object(Closure)) in Pipeline.php line 125
at Pipeline->then(object(Closure)) in Router.php line 703
at Router->runRouteWithinStack(object(Route), object(Request)) in Router.php line 670
at Router->dispatchToRoute(object(Request)) in Router.php line 628
at Router->dispatch(object(Request)) in Kernel.php line 214
at Kernel->Illuminate\Foundation\Http\{closure}(object(Request))
at Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}(object(Request)) in VerifyCsrfToken.php line 43
at VerifyCsrfToken->handle(object(Request), object(Closure)) in VerifyCsrfToken.php line 17
at VerifyCsrfToken->handle(object(Request), object(Closure)) in Pipeline.php line 125
at Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}(object(Request)) in ShareErrorsFromSession.php line 55
at ShareErrorsFromSession->handle(object(Request), object(Closure)) in Pipeline.php line 125
at Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}(object(Request)) in StartSession.php line 61
at StartSession->handle(object(Request), object(Closure)) in Pipeline.php line 125
at Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}(object(Request)) in AddQueuedCookiesToResponse.php line 36
at AddQueuedCookiesToResponse->handle(object(Request), object(Closure)) in Pipeline.php line 125
at Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}(object(Request)) in EncryptCookies.php line 40
at EncryptCookies->handle(object(Request), object(Closure)) in Pipeline.php line 125
at Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}(object(Request)) in CheckForMaintenanceMode.php line 42
at CheckForMaintenanceMode->handle(object(Request), object(Closure)) in Pipeline.php line 125
at Pipeline->then(object(Closure)) in Kernel.php line 115
at Kernel->sendRequestThroughRouter(object(Request)) in Kernel.php line 84
at Kernel->handle(object(Request)) in index.php line 53

Plop

Postby Plop » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:11 am

I don't like how everything is so huge. I understand that it may now be optimized for mobile devices and TVs, but that shouldn't be to the detriment of desktop users. I bought an high resolution ultra wide monitor so I can see more content at once, but all I get is upscaled pictures that take all screen and I still have to scroll down for the actual content.

knossos

Postby knossos » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:56 am

First I am getting the same activation error as Ibuprophen. Secondly I have to agree with Plop that the UI is not at all optimized for desktop users, scrolling down 8 or more screens worth of content to see the site is excessive. Additionally even just the leading particulars (the series description through to the theme song) doesnt even fit on a single screen.

Mistywing

Postby Mistywing » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:50 am

Cross posting this idea: I think multi-language can be applied to more fields than it currently is. For example episode directors and writers, guest stars and series actors and so on. On the series page display the name of the person using the page language code set by the user, but on the person page display the native name as the main name with subtitle/name following the language code of the user.
A benefit of this is that it will allow application users to fetch the data relevant to their language settings across all their applications, should they also implement this feature. This way a user of Plex in Japan will fetch people data in Japanese while a Plex user in England will fetch in English (for example and assuming Plex updates to support this).

sp1ti

Postby sp1ti » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:38 am

I urge everyone to take a look around and test things out if you want V2 to be great. Added some feedback as well on the gitlab https://gitlab.thetvdb.com/site/thetvdb_v2/issues/111.

namelesshero

Postby namelesshero » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:30 pm

Playing around with the beta - found some issues:

Show links -
http://www.tv.com//show/
http://www.zap2it.com/tv//

Nielsen Rating -
These should be 1-decimal values, like 4.6 or 1.3, but the system seems to want whole numbers. Interestingly though it reports all values with 2 decimal places (like 3.00, or 4.00) even though it only accepts integer values.

Questions -
How do I sort an existing episode into the "Official Order" "DVD Order" and "Absolute Order" categories? Looking at the entry for the show Psych, only one season made it into the "DVD Order" and "Absolute Order" categories and I have no idea how to change things. Is this something that requires a mod, or is the method just hidden or poorly defined?

Bug -
Clicking screengrabs for episodes gives 404 error (try here: http://platypus.thetvdb.com/series/psyc ... official/1 )

further - when looking at a screencap (eg: http://platypus.thetvdb.com/artwork/189374 )
using the navigation near the top

Home / Psych / Artwork/ 16:9 Screencap
16:9 Screencap #189374

clicking the "16:9 Screencap" goes to http://platypus.thetvdb.com/series/psyc ... 0Screencap, which 404s again

Also, there should be a space after Artwork, before the /, to make it match the rest of that navigation line.

Not sure how to add a theme song.

Navigation language changes when editing - goes from
Home / Series / Good Eats / Official Order / Season 1 / Episode 1
to
Series / Good Eats / Official Order / Season 1 / Steak Your Claim / Edit Episode

Note the lack of "home" and the inclusion of episode name. Minor details, but my OCD caught it.

Hope this helps clean up V2. Will check back in on it later.

Return to “General Discussion”