2.0 Beta Discussion

Discussion about the website and interfaces.
Report general bugs here.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SERIES REQUESTS HERE.
Use the appropriate forum.
Requests posted here are subject to immediate deletion.
mwkurt
Site Moderator

2.0 Beta Discussion

Postby mwkurt » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:06 am

Hello,

Looks very nice!

So I did a search for "Mickey and the Roadster Racers", and the series was not found in the DB. Did a search for "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse". found the series but have come upon a question. Where the "Networks" identifier is there is the statement "No episodes with a network". When I tried to enter a network for the series, I could not find the place to enter a network in the "edit series" area. Am I missing something? And what exactly does "No episodes with a network" mean.

Thanks!
Mark

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Re: v2.0 Beta

Postby DarklightIndigo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:15 am

Something to note, individual episode networks are set (not by default) to accommodate series like American Dad (as an example).
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

Lys

Re: 2.0 Beta Discussion

Postby Lys » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:25 am

There's a lot of series/data missing from the beta so it's not uncommon to have no search results for now. It looks fantastic, great job guys! :)

alfke

Postby alfke » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:50 am

I like the idea of the comments section. This will allow me to provide information to clarify confusion that I may run across.

bluesquirrel

Postby bluesquirrel » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:07 pm

I really like the new site. It is pleasing and easy on the eyes. Sounds like some great functionality being implemented.

I know the database is not live or complete, but I couldn't drill down into episode metadata for editing. Where do I click to get into the edit page? or is this locked because the DB is not live? Just wanted to see the layout of the edit page and what, if any, new fields have been added.

----Suggestion---
I believe that the Search Bar should be visible permanently.

It is an unnecessary extra step to click the search icon to call up the Search Box. Is it safe to say that the vast majority of site users search for a title, rather than browse?

furby
Site Moderator

Postby furby » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:01 am

bluesquirrel wrote:I really like the new site. It is pleasing and easy on the eyes. Sounds like some great functionality being implemented.

I know the database is not live or complete, but I couldn't drill down into episode metadata for editing. Where do I click to get into the edit page? or is this locked because the DB is not live? Just wanted to see the layout of the edit page and what, if any, new fields have been added.

@bluesquirrel If you're logged in you should see a Toolbox (under the episode image) that has edit options. Are you not seeing that?
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources. Wikipedia is NOT a valid source.

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:14 am

I don't think the logins are going to be ported to the beta, just the primetime site (while the beta is up for testing), so it might be a good idea to register a new temporary account for the beta.

kollegah1339

Postby kollegah1339 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:31 am

I just checked out the new editing options and wanted to give a little improvement while this is still in Beta so it could be added in time:
while you can now add age ratings for specific episodes, this is still limited to US ratings. It would be great if you can make this "translatable" as well, so one can add age ratings for other countries. IMDb has a comprehensive list of available ratings if you go on the edit site of any entry and check "Certificate (ratings) Information".

The same goes for first air date in specific languages. At the moment there is just translations, but the whole "internationalization" part is a bit missing out and would be a great improvement over v1.0.

zag2me

Postby zag2me » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:09 am

For a 10 year wait, i'm impressed.... :) Yeh looks great.

Out of interest, is there anything that MariaDB does that Mysql doesn't? I know mysql got a long query killer in its latest release but interested if MariaDB has anything else useful. Laravel is definitly the future for PHP frameworks I reckon so nice choice!

Not a massive fan of the colour scheme, it doesn't look right somehow. But there are some really positive improvements too. I still think the buttons are a little on the large side.

Data changes look awesome, great to see the episode ordering addressed.

Also loving the comments feature, its working really well on TMDB right now after IMDB closed their forums there is a huge market for user discussion on TVshows I think.

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:34 pm

Wait, IMdb killed comments? When the hell did THAT happen? :eek: