Important info re: server move and DB updates

Announcements about the database, website, and plugins.
emigrating
Site Admin

Important info re: server move and DB updates

Postby emigrating » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:11 pm

Apologies for the late notice, but since there is no easy way to disable additions or updates to the database this will have to do.

Any changes made to existing data on the site from now til further notice will be lost!

We are moving the site to a new server at a different location, this means API content delivery may be disrupted for the next 24 hours. I am about to flush the database now and we should modify the DNS records within the next couple hours - once everything is fully operational again one of us will update this post with further info.

szsori
Site Admin

Re: Important info re: server move and DB updates

Postby szsori » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:05 pm

The site will be live on its new host within 15 minutes. Please check the site homepage for the modification message (it's bright red across the middle). If you don't see it, you're on the new site and can make updates.

If you continue to see the modification message, your DNS cache probably needs to be cleared. Here are instructions for various operating systems for doing this:
http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=330
http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/how-to-cle ... x-leopard/

Alternatively you can just wait up to 24 hours for it to update itself. Thanks for everyone's patience on this.

Sypher

Postby Sypher » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:53 am

What is the new IP so I can update my DNS Cache Servers? :)

lair

Postby lair » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:37 pm

I think the mysql login information for the wiki is incorrect.

Postby 666 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:12 am

It's been almost 2 weeks from the first post and I see new series added in the home page, so I wonder if those will be "lost" or not.

Also, I cannot loging with my usual user/passw. When I try to reset my password I get:

Code: Select all

Warning: require(libphp-phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thetvdb/www/index.php on line 1148

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'libphp-phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/thetvdb/www/index.php on line 1148

So, I really don't know if this is completely up or not...

emigrating
Site Admin

Postby emigrating » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:32 pm

If you read the second post in this thread you'll see the announcement that it's up and running on the new server/location and how to make sure your contributions will not be lost.

As for your username/password issue - if you PM me your username and email address (as used to register on the site) I'll reset the password for you.