Site outage 9/10-9/11

Announcements about the database, website, and plugins.
hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Re: Site outage 9/10-9/11

Postby hikaricore » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:46 pm

It's working fine afaik right now.

KeithLM

Postby KeithLM » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:50 pm

Odd, I still can't get Media Companion to see new episodes of Torchwood, Doctor Who and Futurama from the last few weeks. It fails, but the message I get just says the database might not be available, but it doesn't give me specifics and I have yet to figure out where it logs debug messages when you turn debugging on.

*Update* I tried another app, Ember Media Manager, it works. Odd that. I can't figure out why one would work, and others won't, but then Media Companion has been buggy, however I was trying different versions that had at various times worked.

Were there any deprecated apis that were removed or anything else like that? It's just odd that this breakage for me, and apparently some other people, occurred at the same time as the outage, and that it hasn't come back since then. I've been trying about twice a day since it came back up and it just hasn't worked.

Coco
Site Admin

Postby Coco » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:23 pm

Nothing changed on our end. You'd have more luck asking in your programs forum. They could likely help you find the debug log and get a real error. Everything is up and running on our end.
Please don't PM me. Post in the forums instead unless there is a very good reason for a PM or I won't respond.