Sorry...

Announcements about the database, website, and plugins.
szsori
Site Admin

Sorry...

Postby szsori » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:38 pm

I've been extremely busy for the past month with some major work projects (60-80 hour weeks), so I haven't had a chance to respond to any emails or PMs. A couple things...
  1. Anyone offering to be a mod... I'll get back to you. The couple that offered will probably get full mod access, but I just need to look through your histories and discuss with our site admins/mods before doing so. I should be able to get to this within a week. :)
  2. Any commercial projects asking if you can use our API, I've been glancing through your requests and all seem to be acceptable. People should still email me with their project information when they want to use the API for commercial stuff, but everyone that has done so up until right now can consider themselves approved. If you're expecting to use a LOT of bandwidth, please consider setting up your own caching proxy. This applies to one project in particular that mentioned the effect they have had on sites in the past. :) I'll respond individually to everyone within the next week.
  3. The complaint about hikaricore is noted. Hikaricore, try being a bit nicer to the average user. If someone is being completely ignorant/annoying, do what you must. Users, make sure you're reading our forum rules and series-specific information on top of the Series Discussion page. If you don't, then you have no reason to complain when one of our mods gets annoyed with you.
  4. Development on the new site will continue once these two big work projects "finish", in about 2-3 weeks. My other big side project is done finally, so any "free time" will be applied to the rewrite.
  5. If anyone wants to act as project manager for the site, please let me know. It's volunteer and would require an extremely organized individual with excellent written communication ability. I expect it would take about 2-3 hours per week right now, but who knows what would happen in the future.

jinex2011

Re: Sorry...

Postby jinex2011 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:02 pm

Keep up the good work! :mrgreen:

I wouldn't mind acting as project manager for this site (or any other positions)
I also sent an email for a commercial liscence :idea:

furby
Site Moderator

Re: Sorry...

Postby furby » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:49 am

Didn't see this post, glad you're considering our requests. Feel like there needs to be more ways to annoy Hikaricore :D

Looking forward to the new site too. Sure it's just around the corner...
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources. Wikipedia is NOT a valid source.