New site development update - Feb 2010

Announcements about the database, website, and plugins.
crzykidd
Site Admin

Re: New site development update - Feb 2010

Postby crzykidd » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:34 pm

We don't need any content. It just has to be shinny :)
thetvdb.com Site Admin

DaniMB
Site Moderator

Postby DaniMB » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:47 pm

[sarcasm]New site looks crap, please don't add anything, that would make us moderators having to do less then now...[/sarcasm] :mrgreen:

I'm not a very graphical guy, I can no doubt work with any command prompt. But I think my collegues would appreciate, if we would get a few additional options... like locking specific fields and/or languages.

On behalf of some of the proposed options: season beginning/end should be clear from the context (no need for a field); hiatus is very arbitrary – broadcasters seldom announce this, who will determine, when to switch to or switch back from this status flag? We're not "The Futon Critic* (love them, no user contributed content), and reading through some of the request: some users exactly request us adopting the series statuses TFC is using. Some of us mods are opposing the use of TFC – I'm not one of them but I understand why, and I'll support them because of their reasons, like not updating anything without an official correction release, or outdated listings, or arbitrary decisions on their side, that might be revised any second...

So, while I actually love TFC for personal reasons, I don't think TVDb should to adopt any of their specific ways of tracking TV series. Other site, other function (preview); we're here to include and conserve data and/or overviews of episodes past, and not primarily of things that may or may not come up (getting cancelled, removed and/or revised because of broadcaster policy).

Just my two cents on this topic, in a nutshell...

n0rua

Postby n0rua » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:18 am

I'm a "passive" user in this forum, I don't write much but I always visit the site and the developers forums.
I just wanted to take a moment and thank you all guys that work on TheTVDB. It's such a great service, and I couldn't be happier about the new site coming soon.