Site outage this weekend

Announcements about the database, website, and plugins.
crzykidd
Site Admin

Site outage this weekend

Postby crzykidd » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:51 pm

So as most of you know we have moved to new hosting. We now have two sites a primary and backup site. Due to the timing of the last move we are currently running at our DR site. I am planning on failing over to our primary site this weekend. Either Saturday evening or Sunday sometime. This will take about 30 minutes of downtime, but will have no data loss.

When we come back up at the primary site there may be a few issues to work out on the firewall, etc as that site hasn't been in production yet.

I will post and update to this thread as well as Facebook about 30 minutes before I start this work.

Thank you for your patience as we work to improve the up time of the site for our users.

CrzyKidd
thetvdb.com Site Admin

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Re: Site outage this weekend

Postby DarklightIndigo » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:22 am

Click Here to be notified of additions to this topic. ;)
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

crzykidd
Site Admin

Postby crzykidd » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:20 pm

Ok so we have two projects going on tomorrow. One is failing over our servers to the primary data center, and the other is a forums migration and upgrade.

The site move will start around 10:30am PST. This shouldn't take more than an hour.

The Forums move will start around 11:00am PST, this could take 1-3 hours depending on any issues hit.

Since forums will be offline during this window we will be using social media to update status on both maintenance tasks. Details on that can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22235

This should be the last maintenance window for a while. We may have a few brief outages (2-5) minutes after these moves if we need to tweak firewall settings, etc.

Thank you for your patience while we put new servers and hosting into production.

CrzyKidd
thetvdb.com Site Admin

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:37 pm

I'm here if you need me for anything in the meantime.
Hell, I'll even respond to my Facebook page. ;)
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

crzykidd
Site Admin

Postby crzykidd » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:40 pm

Just an update all services are back online. Forums have been updated to use SSL

Scott will be doing a software upgrade on the forums soon, he will schedule that.

If you have any "new" problems after the move please let us know.

Thanks,
thetvdb.com Site Admin