Current hosting status

Announcements about the database, website, and plugins.
crzykidd
Site Admin

Current hosting status

Postby crzykidd » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:02 pm

We are fully aware of the current site slowdowns. This is unfortunate for us and we have a plan in place to remedy the situation, however it is going to take a week or so to resolve.

We are moving forward with a primary and dr hosting site. The DR site is going to be ready sooner than our primary site, so we will be scheduling a migration of our current content to the DR site in the next week or so. (once everything is tested and validated). After that we will be moving to our primary sites that will have dual Internet feeds and proper redundancy.

We are putting in software to allow us to fail over to our DR site quickly in case of a full outage at our Primary site as part of this process.

We feel these changes will guarantee better response times and better up time for all our users. Unfortunately we will need to have a few outages and a little pain to get there. We value all our users and will do everything in our power to make this as seamless as possible for you.

We will post outage windows in the Announcements forum once we have them nailed down.

Thank you for your patience during this process.

Matthew
thetvdb.com Site Admin

atleyhunter

Re: Current hosting status

Postby atleyhunter » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:49 pm

Is there anything I can do to help?

I have an app that has been worked on for a long time that is about to be featured in the online store and it depends on this API.

What is the realistic expectation of uptime in the next couple of days so I can make proper arrangements?

Rvzuidema

Postby Rvzuidema » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:58 pm

Site slowdown, more offline the online, and that in his 666 post of the site admin :)
I hope it will be fixed soon.

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:14 pm

Don't make him reply, you'll interrupt the dark forces working on the rollout! :lol:
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

crzykidd
Site Admin

Postby crzykidd » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:30 pm

lol. That made my day :) Things moved fairly easily. Next time there will be no machine re-config needed so the process should be 15 min or less.
thetvdb.com Site Admin