Latest updated schema

Announcements about the database, website, and plugins.
lair

Re: Latest updated schema

Postby lair » Mon May 11, 2009 1:38 am

That makes more sense.

About the locking stuff down has there been any though about putting new entries and updates into a sandbox area for review by moderators?

szsori
Site Admin

Postby szsori » Mon May 11, 2009 1:49 am

lair wrote:About the locking stuff down has there been any though about putting new entries and updates into a sandbox area for review by moderators?

See here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1084

As I explain in the thread, that's fine for popular series, but not for unpopular ones. It also requires a community support which we currently don't have (people like PULLING information, but don't really PUSH information all that well). :)

lair

Postby lair » Mon May 11, 2009 2:02 am

Sorry, I guess I missed that thread.

On a side not my offer to help if you need it still stands since it seems like this update will be quite a big undertaking.

Coco
Site Admin

Postby Coco » Mon May 11, 2009 12:56 pm

We sorta are doing the sandbox idea but more in a wiki style. The changes are shown instantly but we can rollback to the old version in a single click (or just check the old version). At least that's the plan for normal text data. That thread Scott posted is more about how to handle changes to images.
Please don't PM me. Post in the forums instead unless there is a very good reason for a PM or I won't respond.