One Piece Film Gold/Heart of Gold numbering issues

Where rejected requests go to die.
Seriously though, we're open to discussion; but read the stickied thread first to avoid a premature termination of the conversation.
Forum rules
Rules | Acceptable Sources | Exceptions
If your request was denied or your listing was removed without explanation, now would be a good time to review these sections, as it likely ran afoul of them.

DO NOT CONTACT MODERATORS REGARDING POLICY ENFORCEMENT.
If you feel the application of a policy is unfair, please open a Policy Inquiry, with the understanding that administrators (red names) set the policies and moderators (green names) must enforce them within reasonable degrees of latitude.

DO NOT CITE WIKIPEDIA!

Due to the egregious nature of the vast majority of requests pertaining to The Bible and The Lost Room, they will immediately be moved here. Further rejection of the rules and volunteer efforts to remedy the situation will be met with thread and series locks, as well as forums bans as necessary.

ALL REQUESTS TO UNLOCK SERIES FOR TRANSLATIONS WILL BE MOVED HERE WITHOUT NOTICE!
You may propose translations for locked series by starting a new thread after clicking here.
DigitalSteel

Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:59 pm

Currently the One Piece special Heart of Gold is listed as 35, but it should come before Film Gold which is listed as 34. Also Film Gold Episode Zero should come before Film Gold and is listed as 36. Can they be adjusted so that Film Gold Episode Zero is episode 34, Film Gold is 35, and Heart of Gold is 36 so that they are listed in the correct order?
DigitalSteel

Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:12 pm

Oops, sorry, meant to say: Can they be adjusted so that Heart of Gold is episode 34, Film Gold Episode Zero is 35, and Film Gold is 36
Mistywing
Site Moderator

Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:24 pm

Order of episode number in Specials has no importance and messing with it will just cause issues to people that have their libraries set to use the current way. The data that will get updated will swap the identities with respect to the stored files.
If you have information about how the films relate to the TV Seasons, we can set up Aired Before / Aired After. But AFAIK they are side stories and thus don't really have that information either.

I suggest you reorder them manually on your end. I have done this before for myself.
DigitalSteel

Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:00 am

Yeah, the order really only matters in relation to the specials themselves, as Heart of Gold leads directly into Film Gold Episode Zero and Film Gold. The relation to the series is that they come after the Dressrosa arc which I believe is season 17. I understand your point about it mixing stuff up for people though if it were to be changed. It is just unfortunate for people who are not aware and end up watching them out of order which might cause a bit of confusion when Film Gold references things that happened in Heart of Gold
Mistywing
Site Moderator

Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:16 pm

It's not 100% certain yet but movies in the series Specials might get a different sort of association method on the new site. It's not going to be on the release, but it will probably involve the newly added movie category instead if it ends up happening.

I tried looking up where they are in relation to episodes/seasons, but there's no consensus so I can't do anything there either. Sorry.

tl;dr: for now no changes. In the future maybe (and IMO hopefully.)