Tin Star S02 | Sky Atlantic: EPs out of order and one too many

Where rejected requests go to die.
Seriously though, we're open to discussion; but read the stickied thread first to avoid a premature termination of the conversation.
Forum rules
Rules | Acceptable Sources | Exceptions
If your request was denied or your listing was removed without explanation, now would be a good time to review these sections, as it likely ran afoul of them.

DO NOT CONTACT MODERATORS REGARDING POLICY ENFORCEMENT.
If you feel the application of a policy is unfair, please open a Policy Inquiry, with the understanding that administrators (red names) set the policies and moderators (green names) must enforce them within reasonable degrees of latitude.

DO NOT CITE WIKIPEDIA!

Due to the egregious nature of the vast majority of requests pertaining to The Bible and The Lost Room, they will immediately be moved here. Further rejection of the rules and volunteer efforts to remedy the situation will be met with thread and series locks, as well as forums bans as necessary.

ALL REQUESTS TO UNLOCK SERIES FOR TRANSLATIONS WILL BE MOVED HERE WITHOUT NOTICE!
You may propose translations for locked series by starting a new thread after clicking here.
nSpectre

Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:54 pm

Season 2 of Tin Star by Sky Atlantic contains one too many episodes (thanks to Amazon Prime re-airing) and two episodes are out of order.

Correct EP list and ordering per Sky.com, IMDb and Wikipedia is,

1. Prairie Gothic
2. Resist Not Evil
3. Consequences <= These two are swapped
4. Jack and Coke <= in TheTVDB's entry.
5. The Bagman Cometh
6. Age Of Anxiety
7. Subterranean Fire
8. Wild Flower
9. The Unseen

Amazon Prime also concurs with this ordering but has an extra episode inserted before ep2 and thus a different EP numbering:

"Prairie Gothic" originally aired as a single 1h:35m episode.
Amazon split this episode into two and named the second part "Something Wicked This Way Comes"
Mistywing
Site Moderator

Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:07 pm

Nope. It was listed like it is here on TVDB and then SkyAtlantic changed its mind. We do not tolerate revisionism. It will stay as it is.
You can use DVD Ordering to swap the episodes in question.
Please search the board next time.
nSpectre

Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:55 pm

Okay, I really do not wish to get into an argument with you, particularly at the risk of a knee-jerk banning, but something needs to be done. I've spent a couple of hours digging into this and read numerous forum threads where others have brought up this exact same problem and,

TheTVDB entry, by all accounts, IS WRONG.

Period.

As it stands now, it is a mixed-up hodgepodge between Sky Atlantic's EP listing and Amazon Prime's EP listing and this makes it useless to any and all visitors and all API users like Kodi, Plex, tinyMediaManager, etc, etc, etc.

Please, I implore you, fix it. It does nobody any good the way it is!

Per this forum's own stickied post, in giant, bold letters: "the official listing will be considered gospel. No matter what the scene thinks." Well, Sky Atlantic is the official listing and the ultimate authority. Period. And if they once upon a time changed some information, so what? They are allowed to change their information. It's their show.

Please, do the following:
  • 1. Remove EP2. "Something Wicked This Way Comes". We, the users of TheTVDB, can handle Amazon Prime's split episode 1 ourselves.
    2. Swap the EPs "Jack and Coke" and "Consequences". Nobody, I mean NOBODY, even Amazon Prime, has these in this order. They were NOT aired in that order.
    3. Add in the EP "Age of Anxiety" between "The Bagman Cometh" and "Subterranean Fire". This is a real episode! It exists! It did air! Even Amazon Prime has it. TheTVDB does not.
Those three simple changes will fix this entry and bring TheTVDB in comportment with ALL OTHER SOURCES OF INFORMATION ON THE INTERNET.

Thank you, in advance.
Mistywing
Site Moderator

Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:43 am

You won't get banned for having this discussion.

The site policy is to follow the official site at the time of airing. You are correct. However, this comes with an additional provision that revisionism from these sites in the cases where it happens is not a cause for further modifying our listing (Update 02/09/2016 of Acceptable Sources.)

This is what I've done. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is.

Sky Atlantic listed the Tin Star Season 2 episodes the way they are currently set up, and nothing, not even them, can change that anymore.
There still remains traces of their pre-air plans online. The forum thread I linked also acts as a historical record of the order at the time. I really wish I had archived their website to be honest, because they literally changed it three days after I had looked at it.

For swapping episodes 4 and 5, you can use the DVD Order. I set it up this way to alleviate these concerns.

When the new site comes online, we could create a revised Sky Atlantic ordering with 9 episodes. That should solve the problem as much as possible.