No Good Nick

Where rejected requests go to die.
Seriously though, we're open to discussion; but read the stickied thread first to avoid a premature termination of the conversation.
Forum rules
Rules | Acceptable Sources | Exceptions
If your request was denied or your listing was removed without explanation, now would be a good time to review these sections, as it likely ran afoul of them.

DO NOT CONTACT MODERATORS REGARDING POLICY ENFORCEMENT.
If you feel the application of a policy is unfair, please open a Policy Inquiry, with the understanding that administrators (red names) set the policies and moderators (green names) must enforce them within reasonable degrees of latitude.

DO NOT CITE WIKIPEDIA!

Due to the egregious nature of the vast majority of requests pertaining to The Bible and The Lost Room, they will immediately be moved here. Further rejection of the rules and volunteer efforts to remedy the situation will be met with thread and series locks, as well as forums bans as necessary.

ALL REQUESTS TO UNLOCK SERIES FOR TRANSLATIONS WILL BE MOVED HERE WITHOUT NOTICE!
You may propose translations for locked series by starting a new thread after clicking here.
JesusSmith

Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:46 am

Equinox wrote:The fact remains that only one season of this series has been ordered (and produced) to date.
Production orders have always taken a back seat to how the episodes are presented by the network. There are many examples where episodes were ordered for one season, but aired in another so this is not sound reasoning.
Equinox wrote:Here's another, non-Netflix example for you: Both Breaking Bad's and Mad Men's final seasons were split into two equal parts, with the second part starting approximately 10-11 months after the first ended. We listed the two parts as one season. All this to say, Netflix is not the first network to employ this "split season" approach.

This is not at all similar since AMC clearly labelled the second parts of the seasons as part of the season. They didn't start the episode numbers from 1 for the b parts of the season.

Netflix's website clearly says 2 seasons.
Equinox
Site Moderator

Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:28 am

JesusSmith wrote:Production orders have always taken a back seat to how the episodes are presented by the network. There are many examples where episodes were ordered for one season, but aired in another so this is not sound reasoning.
I am aware. But the episode order is pertinent as it serves to illustrate that Netflix ordered one season of No Good Nick rather than two. The episodes are presented by the streamer as two parts, not two seasons.
My point is that Netflix doesn't use the terms "season" and "part" interchangeably, and there's reasoning behind their decision to call the batches of episodes "Part 1" and "Part 2" and not "Season 1" and "Season 2". Therefore I believe we should follow the same logic that informed our decision regarding Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.
JesusSmith wrote:This is not at all similar since AMC clearly labelled the second parts of the seasons as part of the season. They didn't start the episode numbers from 1 for the b parts of the season.
It's only similar in that the episode order was announced in advance. That Netflix eventually opted to not to drop all 20 episodes at once but release them as two separate batches of ten episodes each is irrelevant. The fact remains they ordered one 20-episode season.
JesusSmith wrote:Netflix's website clearly says 2 seasons.
Mine says "2 Parts":
https://i.imgur.com/XusnSwb.png
https://i.imgur.com/5DUu7MG.png

And this is from Gracenote:
https://i.imgur.com/onc7TnH.png
https://i.imgur.com/2ksbWnw.png
JesusSmith

Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:59 am

"But the episode order is pertinent as it serves to illustrate that Netflix ordered one season of No Good Nick rather than two." My whole point was that the production order doesn't matter, what matters is how they present it. You're just repeating what you've said before without addressing that fact.

I think the definitive thing is that Netflix's website says 2 seasons as shown in the screenshot. The US Netflix website says 2 seasons. It doesn't really matter what Gracenote or other third party websites or articles say.
ChristyEzzell

Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:54 am

I think because it was announced as a 20-episode order, we should keep it as 1 season with 20 episodes and offer to split them into parts 1 & 2 on the new site. For me, in the US, these are identified as Parts not Seasons on Netflix, so it appears that aren't even consistent on their terminology across regions.

https://tvline.com/2018/09/21/melissa-j ... ean-astin/

https://imgur.com/AsnANQR
JesusSmith

Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:08 am

Going by site rules, the only relevance is what it says on the US website, which is that there are two seasons. Again, third party websites or articles hold no weight, according to the site rules.
eherberg

Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:22 pm

Except that it's Netflix -- where we *also* have site precedence that we are *not* going to split up seasons because Netflix chose to market them as parts. It's one season. When the new alternative flexible seasons are available in V3 - users can have an alternative listing. But the main listing will have a single season just as it does for the other Netflix shows on the site
jpventers

Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:53 am

Ya'll need to revisit this. Netflix is clearly marketing part 3 as season 3. so YES part 2 is season 2. Please correct this and stop being obstinate. All the other tv and media websites have divided the series like this. You are the ONLY ones that insist its all one season. When Part 3 comes out will you all just add it to season 1? or will you finally admit you made a mistake and correct it
Equinox
Site Moderator

Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:38 am

jpventers wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:53 am
Ya'll need to revisit this. Netflix is clearly marketing part 3 as season 3. so YES part 2 is season 2. Please correct this and stop being obstinate. All the other tv and media websites have divided the series like this. You are the ONLY ones that insist its all one season. When Part 3 comes out will you all just add it to season 1? or will you finally admit you made a mistake and correct it
There will be no "Part 3" as the No Good Nick has been canceled.
In the next version of TheTVDB, expected to launch later this month, we will introduce support for alternate orders, which will allow users like you to create a different structure for this series, wherein each 10-episode part is its own season. The alternate order will exist alongside the official order (which is what we have now – a 20-episode Season 1).