Chilling Adventures of Sabrina should be split in two seasons

Where rejected requests go to die.
Seriously though, we're open to discussion; but read the stickied thread first to avoid a premature termination of the conversation.
Forum rules
Rules | Acceptable Sources | Exceptions
If your request was denied or your listing was removed without explanation, now would be a good time to review these sections, as it likely ran afoul of them.

DO NOT CONTACT MODERATORS REGARDING POLICY ENFORCEMENT.
If you feel the application of a policy is unfair, please open a Policy Inquiry, with the understanding that administrators (red names) set the policies and moderators (green names) must enforce them within reasonable degrees of latitude.

DO NOT CITE WIKIPEDIA!

Due to the egregious nature of the vast majority of requests pertaining to The Bible and The Lost Room, they will immediately be moved here. Further rejection of the rules and volunteer efforts to remedy the situation will be met with thread and series locks, as well as forums bans as necessary.

ALL REQUESTS TO UNLOCK SERIES FOR TRANSLATIONS WILL BE MOVED HERE WITHOUT NOTICE!
You may propose translations for locked series by starting a new thread after clicking here.
agoMiST

Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:59 pm

Hi, I'd like to throw my hat into the ring and suggest that the show should indeed be split.

I understand the nomenclature of part 1 & part 2 suggesting that it should be viewed as one season, and that the capper community using season 2 isn't necessarily the best argument for splitting the show...

However,

I use the Netflix plugin for Kodi Leia, using that allows you to export .strm files from Netflix. When you do so, you get this:

https://imgur.com/WHk96kC

That's straight from Netflix's own system, clearly delineated as season 1 and season 2.
kingjames6

Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:37 pm

These new 9 episodes from today are definitely season 2 according to Netflix itself in addition to IMDB and other sites. Please split the 2 as Plex cannot grab metadata for them at the moment
Alienware

Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:43 pm

Maretoh wrote:It's 2 Parts and not 2 Seasons. Like e.g. The Ranch has 6 parts but 3 seasons.
Netflix first ordered 20 episodes, split in two parts. Then a Christmas Special. Then 16 new episodes, split in two too.
You're just plain wrong, there's no way around it, since go+++mn Netflix itself is calling it a two seasons show, other than every other outlet out there.

I fail to understand the need for this stubbornness. Everyone can be wrong once in a while, it's not the end of the world, but enduring in the mistake even though it's clear you're dead wrong is borderline lunacy.
mmhere

Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:49 pm

The official Netflix website, surely the arbiter of all things "which season is it" is here:
https://www.netflix.com/title/80223989

and describes the current group of episodes just released as Season Two.

This link at cbr.com while possibly less authoritative, also describes the group of episodes just released as season two.

Q.E.D.
mmhere

Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:57 pm

For automation software such as plex you could manually work around it for now. Not a solution and it is a pain, but if you grab the various files upped as S02E01...S02E09 and rename them to S01E12...S01E20 then things can slot in acceptably using the meta data presently posted here on thetvdb.com.

Note: I am reticent to actually go in here (thetvdb.com) and change the data that is already present. I think this will start an editor war until an admin steps in, chooses one way or the other (split or don't split) and then locks everything down. An editor war would not be welcomed by anyone and would just waste time and effort.

It is right and correct, however, to split it. Clearly.

Q.E.D.
tHeSiD

Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:56 pm

Neflix themselves refer to it as Season 2. I don't see any benefit in referring this to Season 1 when literally every outlet and the makers themselves call it season 2.

This is American Dad all over again
steveyc20

Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:46 am

Surely being that this is a Netflix show you should be using them as the source of truth.
This show needs to be updated as every single person on this thread has asked.
The rules are that we should be citing relevant evidence to SHOW that there needs to be a change.
Everyone has done this to show evidence to make the change.
I can see no evidence of proving that this is still season 1.
Maretoh

Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:35 am

An episode a day keeps the doctor away.