Disney Animated Shorts - Numerous missing shorts

Where rejected requests go to die.
Seriously though, we're open to discussion; but read the stickied thread first to avoid a premature termination of the conversation.
Forum rules
Rules | Acceptable Sources | Exceptions
If your request was denied or your listing was removed without explanation, now would be a good time to review these sections, as it likely ran afoul of them.

DO NOT CONTACT MODERATORS REGARDING POLICY ENFORCEMENT.
If you feel the application of a policy is unfair, please open a Policy Inquiry, with the understanding that administrators (red names) set the policies and moderators (green names) must enforce them within reasonable degrees of latitude.

DO NOT CITE WIKIPEDIA!

Due to the egregious nature of the vast majority of requests pertaining to The Bible and The Lost Room, they will immediately be moved here. Further rejection of the rules and volunteer efforts to remedy the situation will be met with thread and series locks, as well as forums bans as necessary.

ALL REQUESTS TO UNLOCK SERIES FOR TRANSLATIONS WILL BE MOVED HERE WITHOUT NOTICE!
You may propose translations for locked series by starting a new thread after clicking here.
mwkurt
Site Moderator

Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:48 am

We have a House of Mouse entry. Cartoons made specifically for that Disney TV Show "House of Mouse" belong there. The DAS series of shorts is basically the place that all of Disney shorts that first appeared at a theater as pre-movie entertainment reside. Recent years has seen modern made for Disney Channel shorts end up there as well. We don't put the same shorts in more than one series entry, at least that is the rule. We have an entry for House of Mouse cartoons and an entry for theatrically released cartoons. That is pretty much it. Not real hard to understand.

Mark
honkdazzle

Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:56 am

> Not real hard to understand.

Why is it that every time people try to ask questions and contribute in good faith, the mods here are so needlessly rude?

I'm happy with the setup either way but want to understand the _why_ of it, so that I don't waste my time attempting to contribute in a way that will be pointless.

The problem is that all I have to go on is context; I can see what is in the series already, and apparently by your own rules there are many incorrect entries. Not only are there many entries with Mouseworks and House of Mouse shorts, there are many more of stuff that weren't released theatrically at all, like the newer Mickey Mouse series around 2013+. I'm sure there are other examples too.

Almost all of these:
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/disney-a ... asons/2013

Are duplicates of these:
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/346312

And it goes on for dozens, if not hundreds of entries in the DAS series.

My point is that without making very clear what belongs and what doesn't, this is what happens. To me, the random user relying on context, the DAS series is "literally all Disney animated shorts" so I wanted to help others in making it complete. Everything I was adding made sense with pre-existing, locked content so I thought I was doing the right thing. It's not like I'm stupidly barging in trying to add DVD extras or something.

Your attitude with "It's not going to happen." and "Not real hard to understand." is just needlesssly rude man. Just say "actually the series is a big inconsistent mess but here's what we want to do going forward"
mwkurt
Site Moderator

Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:28 am

As I said in my previous post The new shorts were being put in the DAS entry. Someone took it upon themselves to add the Mickey Mouse entry you pointed out. I did not know this, thank you for bringing it to my attention. As I also said, we do not allow multiple entries of the same episode in different series entries. It is my guess that either the entries for these cartoons will be deleted in the DAS entry or the Mickey Mouse entry itself will be deleted. We usually delete the one with the higher series ID number. I will ask other MODS what their feelings are on the matter and proceed accordingly.

Mark