Money Heist Season 1 & 2

Where rejected requests go to die.
Seriously though, we're open to discussion; but read the stickied thread first to avoid a premature termination of the conversation.
Forum rules
Rules | Acceptable Sources | Exceptions
If your request was denied or your listing was removed without explanation, now would be a good time to review these sections, as it likely ran afoul of them.

DO NOT CONTACT MODERATORS REGARDING POLICY ENFORCEMENT.
If you feel the application of a policy is unfair, please open a Policy Inquiry, with the understanding that administrators (red names) set the policies and moderators (green names) must enforce them within reasonable degrees of latitude.

DO NOT CITE WIKIPEDIA!

Due to the egregious nature of the vast majority of requests pertaining to The Bible and The Lost Room, they will immediately be moved here. Further rejection of the rules and volunteer efforts to remedy the situation will be met with thread and series locks, as well as forums bans as necessary.

ALL REQUESTS TO UNLOCK SERIES FOR TRANSLATIONS WILL BE MOVED HERE WITHOUT NOTICE!
You may propose translations for locked series by starting a new thread after clicking here.
Maretoh

Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:16 am

Never, we don’t allow duplicate entries.
An episode a day keeps the doctor away.
Akhlan

Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:56 am

why ?
Michelsup

Sat May 25, 2019 2:55 am

Maretoh wrote:No, we don’t allow duplicates.
Sometimes when you come along such a mess it's maybe time to start to think of changing this awkward policy. I can't believe this issue hasn't been resolved yet.
Akhlan

Sat May 25, 2019 6:09 am

+1 Michelsup ;)
Mistywing
Site Moderator

Sat May 25, 2019 4:39 pm

Suppose duplicates are allowed and both of these returned search results from a third party app are populated with metadata and fanart. How do you tell the two apart?

In this app's case there's still the luxury of being able to manually pick which one, some apps don't expose that option as front-facing. 50% chances of automatically scraping the wrong data doesn't make for:
a) a reliable database to scrape from
b) a user friendly experience (if fixing is required)
c) easy user contributions, what this DB relies on (which entry to add to?)

Series listed under a single umbrella with alternate orders are better for the moment, and adding management options under this umbrella are possibly an avenue for these edge cases like Money Heist.

We'll see what the new site brings... if it's not possible, improvement suggestions can still be formulated.
However I hope it's pretty clear why duplicate listings can be disruptive to usage now.
POGMAN

Tue May 28, 2019 9:21 am

You statement is right but you are also showing some bad-faith there.

The problem exists for every shows that have the same names, some popular ones (The Addams Family, Doctor Who, The Office, etc.).
There has been workaround for theses by adding date or country of origin to counter that problem.

I understand there is a difference in this case because this is not a reboot/remake but just a recut but don't use third party mismatches as an argument, this is not the issue here.
Mistywing
Site Moderator

Tue May 28, 2019 10:59 am

Presenting from multiple angles and perspectives (attempted: third party app dev, third party app user, TVDB contributor) to illustrate many possible aspects of why things aren't done in a particular way isn't for deceiving myself or the reader.

The largest one I presented among all three and relating solely to the database is how it would increase complexity in user contributions. Inserting the same episodes in multiple series is an incredible task (num of episodes x num of informations x num of series.) We'd be shooting ourselves in the foot with this idea.

If we also account for the mistakes that will inevitably happen through this differentiation implementation, we also increase database maintenance costs in (at least) time and effort from the moderation. Things already are extremely slow as is, making the situation worse is also not a good idea.

Even worse, all of this would primarily affect those controversial series for which such a system would be implemented.

Also note that these are the reasons I personally found out about and may not be wholly inclusive or even include any of the reasons the administration forbids listing duplicates.

The current WIP of the new site presents a much more attractive alternative (increased management options under a single title), but I have to ask specifically if it can work for recuts. Like I said, I don't want to mislead or deceive anyone.
dimspace

Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:21 pm

It doesnt need a second entry or a duplicate entry both called Money Heist.

Its pretty simple.

The current entry should be renamed "La Casa de Papel"

La Casa de Papel
Language: Spanish
Broadcaster: Antenna 3
Season One: 15 episodes
Season Two: TBC

It wasnt called "The money heist" when originally aired in Spain, so the version with 15 episodes in season one should be called "La Casa de Papel"

Second entry

Money Heist
Language: Spanish/English
Broadcaster: Netflix
Season One: 13 episodes
Season Two: 9 Episodes
Season Three: TBC

there doesnt need to be two "money heists" because there arent two "money heists", and there never were two "money heists" there is "La Casa de Papel" shown on Antenna, and "Money Heist" shown on Netflix..

The one currently on the database in NOT "money heist" it is "La Casa de Papel"
rev.pragon

Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:14 pm

And it is the same Show so one Entry is enough and the Way it is also.

This is already under Denied Request and it will stay this Way and absolutely no further Discussion about that will change anything on the Order. No Double Entry, no Split either.

With the new Site there will be new Options to arrange Orders.
No Support via PN. Read the Rules.