Batman The Animated Series

Where rejected requests go to die.
Seriously though, we're open to discussion; but read the stickied thread first to avoid a premature termination of the conversation.
Forum rules
Rules | Acceptable Sources | Exceptions
If your request was denied or your listing was removed without explanation, now would be a good time to review these sections, as it likely ran afoul of them.

DO NOT CONTACT MODERATORS REGARDING POLICY ENFORCEMENT.
If you feel the application of a policy is unfair, please open a Policy Inquiry, with the understanding that administrators (red names) set the policies and moderators (green names) must enforce them within reasonable degrees of latitude.

DO NOT CITE WIKIPEDIA!

Due to the egregious nature of the vast majority of requests pertaining to The Bible and The Lost Room, they will immediately be moved here. Further rejection of the rules and volunteer efforts to remedy the situation will be met with thread and series locks, as well as forums bans as necessary.

ALL REQUESTS TO UNLOCK SERIES FOR TRANSLATIONS WILL BE MOVED HERE WITHOUT NOTICE!
You may propose translations for locked series by starting a new thread after clicking here.
torgeir42

Batman The Animated Series

Postby torgeir42 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:47 pm

Can Batman The Animated Series be unlocked so the DVD order can be put in? Since the new blu-ray compete series set was just released I would like to put the DVD order in the record. Or if it can't be unlocked for me to change can I give someone the order the episodes are in so they can put them in? I would very much rather scrape the dvd order than the terrible order they aired the episodes in.

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Re: Batman The Animated Series

Postby Imzadi » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:13 pm

The few episodes I check have already a DVD order. They are not directly visible on the site, but they are accessible via API.

And next time please link directly to the series.

torgeir42

Postby torgeir42 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:30 pm

Sorry about not linking the show I don't know how I forgot to do that. https://www.thetvdb.com/series/batman-the-animated-series

I forgot we couldn't see the DVD order on the website now. I have looked at the dvd order that is in place currently and this new remastered blu-ray set has the show in a vastly different order. It's billed as Batman The Animated Series The Complete Series. They have the show laid out with the following:

Season One: 65 episodes with episodes from season 1 and some from season 2 in it
Season Two: 20 episodes with episodes from season 2, 3, & 4 in it
Season Three: 24 episodes which appear to be the entirety of https://www.thetvdb.com/series/the-new-batman-adventures with some episode reordering (going by episode titles I wont actually be able to sit down and watch the season 3 episodes until tomorrow to verify)

So I guess this is a little different than I originally thought. It's not as basic as just a number reordering. I have no idea what the protocol would be with them including The New Batman Adventures as Season 3 of Batman TAS. That I leave to be debated by people who do this more that me.

I was however hoping to put the episodes that are considered in Batman TAS currently in the new order from the blu-ray set as I figure that is the producers intended viewing order.

I'm new here so if I am overstepping I apologize I just wanted to try to contribute back a little since I use the site a lot.

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Postby Imzadi » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:56 am

Sorry, at this point we can only consider one DVD order. You'll have to use nfo's.

glenlivet81

Postby glenlivet81 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:40 pm

How about creating a new entry called Batman the complete animated series? would that be acceptable? I also would like to scrape these instead of doing NFO files.

torgeir42

Postby torgeir42 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:13 pm

glenlivet81 wrote:How about creating a new entry called Batman the complete animated series? would that be acceptable? I also would like to scrape these instead of doing NFO files.

I kinda like that solution. The DVD/Blu-ray releases seem different enough from how its currently set up. Especially since both the old DVD set and the new Blu-Ray set include The New Batman Adventures as part of Batman the Animated Series (Vol 4 on DVD and Season 3 on Blu-Ray and its listed as a separate show on here.

In addition to the Blu-Ray being set up with only 3 seasons total, the entirety of was is listed here for BTAS in season 1 and 2 and all of TNBA as season 3, vs the 5 seasons that it is currently on here.

Also the new DC streaming service has the show listed in season order and breakdown as the Blu-Ray which makes me think there should at least be a review of how the show is laid out in dvd numbering as it seems like this is the order and numbering that the producers consider the show to be in. Or as glenlivet81 suggests having it listed as a separate show as I feel like as more people get the Blu-Ray this request will keep coming up.

eherberg

Postby eherberg » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:57 am

Except this site is not a blu-ray database -- it is a TV broadcast database. The DVD ordering is a convenience - but not the overall purpose of the site.

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Postby Imzadi » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:16 am

Exactly. And duplicates are not allowed.

JoJoForest

Postby JoJoForest » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:14 pm

Hello,

Yes it's true, but this order is not logical, for exemple The Cat & the Claw (Part 1) should be just before The Cat & the Claw (Part 2).

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Postby Imzadi » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:25 pm

Use the dvd order. It's listed as episode 15 and 16.