One piece wrong identification of episode

Where rejected requests go to die.
Seriously though, we're open to discussion; but read the stickied thread first to avoid a premature termination of the conversation.
Forum rules
Rules | Acceptable Sources | Exceptions
If your request was denied or your listing was removed without explanation, now would be a good time to review these sections, as it likely ran afoul of them.

DO NOT CONTACT MODERATORS REGARDING POLICY ENFORCEMENT.
If you feel the application of a policy is unfair, please open a Policy Inquiry, with the understanding that administrators (red names) set the policies and moderators (green names) must enforce them within reasonable degrees of latitude.

DO NOT CITE WIKIPEDIA!

Due to the egregious nature of the vast majority of requests pertaining to The Bible and The Lost Room, they will immediately be moved here. Further rejection of the rules and volunteer efforts to remedy the situation will be met with thread and series locks, as well as forums bans as necessary.

ALL REQUESTS TO UNLOCK SERIES FOR TRANSLATIONS WILL BE MOVED HERE WITHOUT NOTICE!
You may propose translations for locked series by starting a new thread after clicking here.
themistermd

One piece wrong identification of episode

Postby themistermd » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:23 am

Hi to all,

I'm a guy from France, and i'm a fan of the manga One Piece. Actually I use Plex Media Server to store my medias and I saw a big problem on One Piece.
Since the season 4 all the épisodes are wrong named.
After few search, i found:
The season 4 is refering to the épisodes 48 to 61 from season 1.
The season 5 is refering to the épisodes 61 from season1 to 8 from season 2 (episode 69)
The season 6 is refering to the épisodes 10 from season 2 (episode 70) to 29 from sasion 3 (episode 91)
The Season 7 is refering to the épisodes 1 from season 4 (episode 92) to 68 from season 4 (episode 130)
The season 8 is refering to the épisodes 1 from season 5 (episode 131) to 13 from season 5 (episode 143)
The season 9 is refering to the épisodes 1 from season 6 (episode 144) to 51 from season 6 (episode 195)
I've just check only this but i think it's same for the Following seasons.
My source is just wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_One_Piece_episodes
Actually all the seasons of this serie are locked by moderators so can you please update and correct all of this please.

Thx in advence.

themistermd

Re: One piece wrong identification of episode

Postby themistermd » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:38 am

up please

Mistywing
Site Moderator

Re: One piece wrong identification of episode

Postby Mistywing » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:39 pm

English:

The previous information I found for moderator actions on this forum regarding this series indicate that the splits in seasons are placed in between story arcs following a now defunct source (TVRage), backed up by ANN's arc denomination (not the Funimation release!)

It also seems, from my cursory observation, that the splits are mainly guided by the year of airing, insofar that the story arc in place has concluded inside of the year, otherwise the season carries on until the arc has ended (Why the S17 of TVDB covers two years of airing, as it's one giant story arc.)

It is acknowledged that it is not an ideal way of doing it since it is not based on official material, nor is placing 852 episodes in a single season as it normally would be done for a series with no officially defined seasons.

Unfortunately due to the age of the decision in question (for these earlier seasons you reference), it is deemed impractical to change things around based on similarly vague definitions of seasons from different sources as it would essentially cause chaos for all users of the information that would be modified.

In any case and per policy, Wikipedia only is not a valid source for requesting changes. In this case, the best that could be done at the time was following TVRage and ANN, and now it's too old to switch to newer but still unofficial information.

Français:

L'information que j'ai réussi à trouver sur ce forum concernant cette série indique que la division en saisons a été réalisée en fonction des différents chapitres de l'histoire et selon une source maintenant défunte (TVRage) corroborée par les indications d'arcs d'ANN. (Pas celle de Funimation!)

Suite à une brève observation de ma part, il me semble que les divisions suivent principalement l'année de diffusion pour autant que le chapitre de l'histoire en cours a conclus durant l'année. Sinon, la saison en cours se poursuivra jusqu'à la fin du chapitre (C'est pourquoi S17 de TVDB couvre deux années de diffusion puisqu'il s'agit d'un long chapitre.)

C'est un fait admis que la méthode choisie n'est pas idéale puisqu'elle n'est pas basée sur du matériel officiel, mais placer 852 épisodes dans une seule saison comme il serait fait normalement pour une série sans saisons officielles ne le serait pas non plus.

Malheureusement à cause de l'age de la décision en question (pour les plus vieilles saisons que vous référencez), il n'est pas pratique de changer l'information actuelle en se basant sur une division différente mais tout aussi peu officielle de saisons provenant d'autres sources car cela causerait un chaos pour tous les utilisateurs de l'information qui serait modifiée.

Dans tous les cas et par politique du site, Wikipedia n'est pas une source valide d'information pour faire une demande de changements. Dans ce cas précis, la meilleure décision prise à l'époque était de suivre TVRage et ANN, et c'est maintenant trop vieux pour changer pour quelque chose de plus récent mais toujours pas officiel.

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=14485&p=55140#p55139
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=15859&p=59005#p59005
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=26981&p=91024#p91030
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=28975&p=96030&#p96030