Add AKA for series

Where rejected requests go to die.
Seriously though, we're open to discussion; but read the stickied thread first to avoid a premature termination of the conversation.
Forum rules
Rules | Acceptable Sources | Exceptions
If your request was denied or your listing was removed without explanation, now would be a good time to review these sections, as it likely ran afoul of them.

DO NOT CONTACT MODERATORS REGARDING POLICY ENFORCEMENT.
If you feel the application of a policy is unfair, please open a Policy Inquiry, with the understanding that administrators (red names) set the policies and moderators (green names) must enforce them within reasonable degrees of latitude.

DO NOT CITE WIKIPEDIA!

Due to the egregious nature of the vast majority of requests pertaining to The Bible and The Lost Room, they will immediately be moved here. Further rejection of the rules and volunteer efforts to remedy the situation will be met with thread and series locks, as well as forums bans as necessary.

ALL REQUESTS TO UNLOCK SERIES FOR TRANSLATIONS WILL BE MOVED HERE WITHOUT NOTICE!
You may propose translations for locked series by starting a new thread after clicking here.
Doug Fisherman

Add AKA for series

Postby Doug Fisherman » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:52 am

Hey Mr. Mod,
Happy New Year.

Please add AKA for series ID 283345 Currently named Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll add AKA

Sex And Drugs And Rock And Roll

Hopefully this will fix the scraping problem. My WDTV hates the '&' in the current name.

Thanx

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Re: Add AKA for series

Postby DarklightIndigo » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:38 am

We don't cater to particular hardware, so I have to deny this for now, but please read your PMs before replying. ;)
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

djcode
Brony
Brony

Postby djcode » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:06 am

It wouldn't help anyway, from what I remember from my days using a WDTV, they don't search A.K.A. entries anyway.
All PM's will be ignored unless I'm bored, so stop sending them!

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:07 am

Too true, I wound up exchanging my three for three Rokus with Roksbox properly setup.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

djcode
Brony
Brony

Postby djcode » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:55 pm

I did the same, have two TV's, for my son and mom, with Roku built in, and a Roku box for my other TV. Combined with Plex and the Plex channel for Roku, I have a pretty nice setup.
All PM's will be ignored unless I'm bored, so stop sending them!

hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Postby hikaricore » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:36 pm

If you folks are ever looking for something with a little more power, the CompuLab Fitlet is a beast. I've got the Mintbox Mini edition on top of my set. :D Never had a bit of trouble with it after all my failed Android sticks/boxes.

Doug Fisherman

Postby Doug Fisherman » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:02 pm

Thanks guys.
The only reason I bought them is because those players play any format. Just plug it in and go. I needed to find some that "just worked" and was very simple to use. I wanted to get a bunch for the the parents and sister, and niece, and nephew. The folks are not tech savy and the VCR light still flashes 12PM cause my folks cant figure out how to fix it been that way for 30+ years. I gave them a DVD player one xmas and it was returned cause he could not get it to work. Need I say any more? How about this story... I'm a days drive away (100s and 100s of miles) and I just can't help them when they need help with simple things. Poor guy at the photo store must have hurt himself laughing when she took in her digital camera cause she couldn't figure out how to put the new 35mm film she bought in the camera.

Doug Fisherman

Postby Doug Fisherman » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:04 pm

Update:
Worked great thanks. I realize it's a wee bit late to acknowledge this. I thought I had done this long ago..